BLS Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLS Video

Has anyone seen the new video? Do you think that guitar is a replica or Rhoads actuall guitar? For those of you who havent seen it you can view it here.
    http://www.m-cylinder.com/bls.htm

Re: BLS Video

This was discussed in another thread I think. It's a GMW built copy, but very badass

Comment

cool, i just saw the video tonight for the first time.

Comment

I took a bit of video last night of that guitar, his tech didn't say it was a GMW, unless he screwed up, it's not a GMW. I held it as well, and the neck's got an SL feel to it. I also got to check out the Razor out back, too dark to pick up on video tho. Badass tho, big time!

Is there another guitar company that's similar to GMW? GL something maybe, he definitely did NOT say it was a GMW...

Pat

Comment

Yeah, I've seen it a couple times... been trying to get a good look at the headstock. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Nothing on it Auntie... Just a truss rod, no cover. No markings/identifying factors at all, that I could see...

Pat

Comment

the polkadot v? there's pic of zakk holding it in the alley next to gmw.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well Sully, all I can say is that I asked his tech what it was, and the response was not GMW, similar and maybe he just didn't know exactly or had the name transposed, but I can say with 100% certainty he didn't say it was a GMW, now granted, this was 20 seconds before they went on and I was standing right there, he was waiting for Zakk to walk out and as soon as he did, Zakk snagged it and started the show with it.

Anyway, I would tend to believe it's a GMW and his tech just had the name wrong.

Who knows...

Pat

Oh sully, and the video I talked to you about last night,.... didn't happen [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I waited for an hour or more after the show and just got tired of waiting... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I did get Rita's email addy tho, so we'll see what we can do there... If they come for Ozzfest, I'll make sure to get it done then. She owes me tho, but she wanted to get her and Zakk together for it, that was the delaying factor.

Comment

From Zakkwylde.com .. BTW Pat how was the show ..

randyrhoadspolka
                  This guitar is Zakk's newest Flying V, made for him by GMW Guitars. Surprisingly, Zakk ordered it with the double locking Floyd Rose tremolo system. Anyone who gets to see Zakk play it will see he's all about the whammy bar! The guitar features Dimarzio Pickups

randyrhoadsrr1
                  An exact replication of Randy Rhoads' original Jackson Flying V, right down to the hand-brushed jackson logo and hand painted pinstriping on the body. The guitar features Seymour Duncan pickups and is signed on the back of the headstock by Randy's Mom, Delores Rhoads.

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Show was alright, a little rough in places, but yes, he was all about the trem with that guitar. I've got bits and pieces on video, mainly the acoustic guitar solo and a bit after. But their sound wasn't the greatest, which is unusual for Pop's.

I've also got some footage of Zakk and company blowing sh!t up in the back of Pop's. Bunch of CD's, Beers, DVD's, etc... I even snagged a few of the DVD's they were shooting with a pellet gun, not sure what's on them, but they're all home brew DVD's... We had a blast tho, he signed for hours, BS'd with everyone outside, handed out at least 10 cases of beer for everyone out by the bus... Fun time overall... I'm almost tempted to hit HOB in Chicago next week for another one.

Pat

Comment

Yep. Definitely a GMW. Zakk discussed it in a recent issue of Guitar World.

Sounded like, when he bought it, he had just discovered the recent innovation of the Floyd Rose trem. "A whammy that stays in tune? Cool. Imagine that!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...Goes to show you how long he's been relying on those Paulies exclusively.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I was at the Pop's show last night. Strangletooth, is right the sound was not the best. Zakk played the polka dot V for several songs. He had 2 Marshall stacks on the right side of the stage, that weren't even turned on. Not "The Wall Of Doom" you see in the video. Overall a good show, but the sound quality was lacking.

Comment

that's too bad. i played at pop's once (the best crowd i've ever played to) and that soundman was awesome.

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

doesn't rhodes mom live in Burbank,ca?
                            my friend said he saw her somewhere in burbank? i'm thinking it's a bunch of bs.

Comment

is anyone else seeing a strange fascination he seems to be getting with Randy? Kinda creepy in way, took over Randy's position (not right after of course) now is playing the same guitars Randy played, getting kinda creepy here..... When he first joined ozzy didnt he put up a fight about being compared to Randy because of his looks etc... Seems weird like it is coming full circle.

Comment

Working...
                              X