Alexi Laiho-Children of Bodom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho-Children of Bodom

May be he is not a shredGOD, but he is an excellent songwriter!!! I guess that we all can shred pretty well but who from us could write so great songs? Not me.......I compose better ones [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The first time I listened to CoB I thought it was WAYYYY too heavy for me. Now I'm into some slightly heavier stuff but I love melody, and Alexi in my opinion is the best lead player out there. Yes his solos are the same kind of inyourfaceIshredfasterthanyou that you find in most heavy metal bands, but they're all so melodic. It's pleasing to hear (well don't expect my dad or grandma to say this...)and he obviously is extremely talented. Don't forget how young he is too.
      But it's true there are way more extremely good players out there. Avenged Sevenfold. They play a different genre of music but WOW their guitarist can shred. They don't do it too often but they do it well.
      Dragonforce: and you thought Rhapsody was cheesy? Listen to them. New British power metal at its best. Those guys shred like maniacs and make it seem easy. And they're still hugely melodic.
      There are more obviously but noone can deny Alexi is a good metal guitar player. We all have different tastes and he may suck in a jazz band but he is amazing at what he does.

Comment

Fuck me! a scot! Hey bro!

Haha, drgaonforce are the msot friendly guys ever. I once beat herman in a sword fight

The fact is, circa 1999-2001 Alexi was untouchable in the melodic death genre.
        Now he gets his ass handed to him several times on a silver platter because they decided to write for the american market. Simple.

More riffs, less melody, more angsty lyrics, less solos.

Comment

hahah no I am French, and right now I'm at my parents' in Amsterdam, but I study in Edinburgh so I'm there most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Scotland rocks.

Comment

Damned right, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Where in Scotland do you live?
              We'll get killed for going off topic...

Comment

I live in perth, about 1hour west of edinburgh

Comment

Sweet, what guitars do you have?

Comment

Anyone have any cool pics of Alexi's one hum Jackson Rhoads??

Comment

Oh and I dont know where these rumors started about Alexi not being a cool guy off the stage. I've hung out with him and been at the bar with the dudes and he's a pretty cool guy ... or maybe it's because I'm twice his size and he's affraid. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

BLOODSPLATTER: Here are Alexi´s gears: http://www.scythes-of-bodom.com/site...ng=en&go=alexi

This COB site is the best in the internet. There you could find also Roope Latvala´s COOL Jackson´s [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Enjoy!!!

Comment

Awesome!!Thanx Tommi,very much appreciated!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Oh and I dont know where these rumors started about Alexi not being a cool guy off the stage. I've hung out with him and been at the bar with the dudes and he's a pretty cool guy ... or maybe it's because I'm twice his size and he's affraid. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Z Bub had a bad experience with Alexi. That's probably where it started.

At teh Dimmu Borgir/Nevermore Show.

Comment

He was cool when I met him but his Guitar World comments on Petrucci rubbed many the wrong way
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Did you meet him at the ESP booth?? I have no idea where or what I was doing when that was going on, that would have been to everyone that was there at that
                                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                                X