Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho-Children of Bodom

BLOOD SPLATTER,

And I appreciate your kind words, thank You!

I listen COB a lot and the link what I put earlier are the best where to find information about COB. Especially memberprofiles with their gear are excellent and therefore I highly recommend that site to everyone who likes COB (or Jackson´s because in Alexi and Roope profile you could find cool pics and specs from their Jackson´s).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      BLOODSPLATTER: Here are Alexi´s gears: http://www.scythes-of-bodom.com/site...ng=en&go=alexi

This COB site is the best in the internet. There you could find also Roope Latvala´s COOL Jackson´s [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Enjoy!!!

[/ QUOTE ]]

Lol, i wrote out all those specs for my friend who runs it (shadeg)

Comment

@tetsuo; what did he say about petrucci?
        I heard he doesn't like DT coz of their weird structur...
        you remember what he said?
        just curious. can't imagine anyone do doubt petruccis almoust godlike technique... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I once read an interview with alexi, and one of the questions was about the new hammerfall album renegade back in 2003 I think.
        he said, he likes the band, for them beeing nice guys, but this track "way of the worrior"... why not behave like a warrior and pick all those lame pull offs there... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

he sure is a weird guy himself.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          @tetsuo; what did he say about petrucci?
          I heard he doesn't like DT coz of their weird structur...
          you remember what he said?
          just curious. can't imagine anyone do doubt petruccis almoust godlike technique... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't there a 6 page thread here a while back? Someone who'd been playing about a year said they were thoroughly unimpressed by everything about Petrucci's playing and predicted that they would surpass his technique in no time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Here's the two "anti-Petrucci" quotes.

"The key is to find the balance between technique and attitude, and that's something they don't teach you in school. You can't play like John Petrucci and be in an extreme metal band. It just doesn't work"

"There are lots of guitar players out there who can play super fast and super well, but they're also super lame. Like Dream Theater... It's not even music; it's sports."

Comment

DT and JP don't appeal to me any more, back in high school I was nutz for DT but I grew out of it. Having said that I don't think it was very mature on the part of Alexi to rip on him in such a public place.

Yngwie ripping on someone is a compltely different issue, he can say whatever the hell he wants about anyone cuz he's Yngwie.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

oh, well.... thx for posting.

I do get his point I think. many tracks of DT are quite confusing to me, too.

but sounds more like some form of dislike, already thought he was making fun of petruccis instrumental-skills...

yap. thx.
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I can't add much to what's already been said...Alexi hit his peak with Hatebreeder and FTR, and then started going downhill. It's ESP's fault, I know it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I still love his attitude onstage though, even if his playing is a bit sloppier than before. He just comes out and has a fuckin blast, and you can tell!

Comment

petrucci is alot better than alexi. His knowledge of music is just alot more developed. So its not extreme...DT was never extreme, they were just a heavy prog band. DT doesn't make my adrenalin get pumping like a death or black metal band...they're just a good listen every now and then. Alexi is just ignorant. And I think the new-found success they're having is going to his head.

Comment

I'm not a shred god, but I'm not some half assed bitch, I can play my guitar.

I get annoyed by how Alexi calls a C4 a C5/G (meaning C5 with a G on top, just call it a 4th butt sniffer.)

I get annoyed by his screaming. Then the people who think his music is the next best thing since sliced bread. Man listen to REAL bands like Nevermore and Soilwork.

I could list some shred gods, but the majority of people already know who I mean. Modern day shredders? I don't consider Alexi one of them. Take the 2 bands I mentioned above as examples, IMHO the guitarists in them are much better that Alexi.

I get annoyed by Alexi because he talks about how shitty his life was, and this and that, and he wanted to die. I'm sure that plenty of people have had shittier lives and don't complain one bit.

Lerx, it's called sarcasm, I know there's not a bazillion people out there. Secondly, who am I to knock Alexi? I've got just as much right as you do to like him.

I can play linear lines, sweeps in paterns I'm used to, paterns I'm not used to require work (hey that's why I practice, but I've been losing interest in music lately (this is another topic for discussion, but I think it happens to all guitar players. I've not touched my guitar for 2 weeks, save for tonight, and I'm in the creative rut along with the not wanting to play it rut, but as I said, we all go through it....ANYWAY!)

What I'm trying to get at is, I can play. I've got really no way to send you shit (unless you want my Line 6 into a mic into my sound card, I'm not hauling my Mesa and cab up here to record. And then the recording sounds all BUZZZZZZZZ when I hit low notes or high notes because my Mic sucks, but hey, if you want it, I'll just do some emotionless shred for you.)

I'm not Satch, Vai, Loomis, Rhoads, any icon good, but I can play.

I don't see what the big craze about Alexi is, but then again, I guess I'm ahead of my time. I never thought black pants and white sneaks were cool. Nut huggers bothered me. Hammer pants were dumb. Maybe in a few years, people will see things this way. I will give Alexi one thing, and this is the ONLY thing I will. He's playing out, signed and has cd's. I'm only playing bars on weekends, and am not doing tours in other countries.

If that's a measure of how good someone is, then I guess I'm out.

I will say this though, the Sinergy stuff wasn't bad at all.

Comment

don't abuse the word "latest" dammnit!
                        anyway...I heard that roope quit or something..so the future of CoB is up in the air. might just be a rumour [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a rumour man.
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            That's a rumour man.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a april 1st joke
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

after reading this my 2 pennies add up to another reason Alexi might not be the most technical player live, i don't think he cares about always nailing it. someone here said it best he goes out, and has a hell of time, and thats Alexi's p.o.v. for live playing, "It just shows you're into it!". anyways, on with the show, annnd Scene!

Comment

I like COB, a lot. They put on seriously awesome, very energetic liveshows. Alexi's gotten a bit sloppy and his tone could be better, but that won't stop me from playing airguitar, headbang, mosh and play his goddamn songs when I get home.

Stop overrationalizing music, rationality is good, but only upto a certain point.
                                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X