Alexi Laiho-Children of Bodom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho-Children of Bodom

While I disagree with Alexi's comments on Petrucci and Dream Theater, from meeting him at NAMM I thought he was nice and down to earth. I met him first at the ESP booth and he seemed very humble to me, signing autographs, etc... Then I ran into him later walking around the show and he autographed my Jackson catalog on the Rhoads page [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And by the way, he may be endorsed by ESP these days but at the show he asked me where the Jackson booth was. I got the feeling his heart was still with Jackson.
    Anyway as far as Petrucci and Dream Theater, my personal opinion is they are the best out there period! I've seen them live twice in the last three years. Absolutely incredible! I figure its not my problem if others can;t understand them, it is quite complex I'll admit that.

Rudy
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Alexi was a little "FAG"...when I met him..

but I read he wanted to kill himself just three days after meeting me...go figure! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Maybe his technique is not the best but he has very lot of carisma and he plays with feeling. Also,he is a great songwriter as you may know and much better guitarists as hes kind of guitarists usually are.

Comment

he's a great player...he's a little pud...but a great player. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

my 2 cents:
            Petrucci was in guitar school only 2 semesters, alexi finished it. I guess he have more knowledge that we see in COB.
            Check out Passege to the reaper video ( Alexi and Roope).

btw, his two Jacksons were stolen and Jackson ( their big mistake) could not make him new guitar in 4 months so he went to ESP ( seems like everyone is going from Jackson to ESP this days). I belive his heart is still with Jackson.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vivaldi's Presto of Summer is the first classical piece I ever learned on guitar (with the exception of Pachelbel's Canon in D [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) It's hardly anything to boast about.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vivaldi's Presto of Summer is the first classical piece I ever learned on guitar (with the exception of Pachelbel's Canon in D [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) It's hardly anything to boast about.

[/ QUOTE ]
                yeah and on a second day you played Vai/petrucci and so on so on....
                Demonstration 2 is the the thing that makes this video nice.

Comment

i'm a huge bodom fan, but to say Alexi has more musical knowledge than petrucci is rediculous.

Comment

Ahhhhh.. Jeff Loomis kicks both their asses to hell and back.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Ahhhhh.. Jeff Loomis kicks both their asses to hell and back.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          yeah and on a second day you played Vai/petrucci and so on so on....
                          Demonstration 2 is the the thing that makes this video nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second day? I seriously have no clue what you are talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I can play a bit of Vai and some DT, but a lot of the harder stuff still eludes me.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

IMO....Alexi has the best "metal" technique out there at the moment. He's not the fastest, most technical, most theory-based, etc. BUT....his fine point is his playing fits and ADDS something to the song without being over-the-top. I've recently discovered COB and Sinergy (whom I actually prefer) and for my ears......it doesn't get any better than Alexi.

Comment

yes it does....Jeff Loomis. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, Jeff Loomis rips the shit out of Alexi, and I'm a damned big CoB fan!

Jeff Loomis is the second comming of Yngwie, he just doesn't get any recognition. That guy is fucking INSANE.

Comment

Working...
                                X