• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alexi Laiho-Children of Bodom

I want Alexi to join Megadeth.
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Too hard to pick a favorite. Their first two CDs are amazing, Follow The Reaper is a lot more mature (in some ways) and Hate Crew Deathroll is a bit more 'fun' than Follow The Reaper. I also like the Shining and Ubiquitous... demos, which are also quite impressive considering their age at the time. It should be pretty obvious where my username came from now. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's good but he's not Mega-good.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

My ass he's not, that guy is just plain ass bad.

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's good but he's not Mega-good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Alexi is not some shred god. People need to quit acting like he is. There's a bazillion better people.

Comment

A bazillion better people? I don't mean to step on your toes, but I'll back up that Alexi is among the top. He's better than most lead guitarists out there.

I picked up Follow the Reaper about a week ago. Great album! I agree the keyboards kick ass. I love the sound, it's totally new for metal. I think he could have played around with more sounds throughout the album though, he hovered around that one barely too much IMHO.

Comment

He's not Mega good?! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I don't even care for Alexi's vocals but, the guy IS THAT GOOD! I don't care if you like the music or not the guy was born to play guitar and he has all the tricks you can think of down. I have watched the dude play live and he does it all with ease.

Deneb: What is the criteria for a shred God? Who is a shred God in your opinion? Seriously, I'm not trying to be an ass I really am curious.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I didnt say I did not like his music, in fact I have seen them live 5 times last year alone and hung out with them a bunch of times as well as have all the albums. Fact remains I don't think he holds a candle to any of the guitar players in Megadeth. In fact live Alexi can be quite sloppy at times.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Alexi is not some shred god. People need to quit acting like he is. There's a bazillion better people.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't like Alexi do you?
                    Every COB thread I check, I see you bashing Alexi.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

He isn't a shred god but he is one of the better players out there for sure.

Comment

Being a CoB fan of many, many years and having gone through the now famous "OMG ALEXI!" phase and gotten over it in time for the release of HCDR.. I can tell you guys this...

There are far better players in the powermetal genre that make alexi look like an amateur.

Having seen alexi headline shows twice both at the "peak" and then after all the US Hardcore tours... I can tell you he has gone downhill.

His playing is so sloppy now it hurts.

Years ago i called the man a god of the intrument.

then i got into Dragonforce and Angra [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Why did i double space everything?

Comment

Because paragraphs provide emphasis; there's nothing wrong with that.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]First off, there's not even a bazillion people period.Second, and this is not a call-out per se, but if you're good enough to knock Alexi, I would really love to hear your playing, you must be a badass mofo on guitar. Who are shred gods to you if he doesn't qualify?From what I undestand, Alexi likes to drink. That might explain his live sloppiness. He also has a rep for not always being the nicest guy, so people do like to cut down an asshole. Don't confuse someone's personality with their ability though. Lots of great players are also jerks; big deal. I don't have to live with them.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I love COB, I think Alexi is like the coolest looking/sounding guitarist vocalist right now! Although him switching to ESP didn't help at all. When he holds a Jackson he looks sick. There's just something about guitarists who can play and sing metal at the same time...

BUT, he is not a shred god, but a very decent, although not incredible guitarist. It's true there are a lot of other more technically advanced players, but he is just too cool.

Comment

There's no doubt Alexi isn't the best guitar player in the world but he's damn good. He's also wrote some wicked music (especially the Hatebreeder CD) and I can't think of anyone who can pull off lead/sing (or whatever you want to call it) as good as he can.

Not to mention how many kids has he inspired to pick up a guitar? Read a COB board or even here. I can't think of anyone who's done so much for guitar in the past 5 years. You may not like things about him, but he's doing more for guitar and metal than anyone I can think of.

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X