Scorpions + Priest Concerts !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpions + Priest Concerts !!

Saw Priest + Scorpions twice in the last week . Scorps stole the show . The Birmingham show was good but the sound wasn't that hot .
    Belfast the Scorp's sound was awesome !! Priest's sound was good at the start but got mushy very quick .
    Setlist - Birmingham
    1. Coming Home
    2. Bad Boys Running Wild
    3. The Zoo
    4. Love 'em Or Leave 'em
    5. Coast To Coast
    6. Loving You Sunday Morning
    7. Lovedrive
    8. Tease Me Please Me
    9. Blackout
    10.Hit Between The Eyes
    11.Big City Nights
    12.Dynamite
    13.Rock You Like A Hurricane

Setlist - Belfast
    1. Coming Home
    2. Bad Boys Running Wild
    3. The Zoo
    4. Love 'em or Leave 'em
    5. Coast to Coast
    6. Wind of Change
    7. Loving You Sunday Morning
    8. Tease Me, Please Me
    9. Blackout
    10. Holiday (Accapella)
    11. Hit Between the Eyes
    12. Big City Nights
    13. Dynamite
    14. Rock You Like a Hurricane

Priest played all the old stuff also . They seemed a bit rigid on stage whereas the Scorps threw everything at there set . Way more energy . I thought I was back in the 80's [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
    Don't get me wrong , Priest were good but the band I want to see again is The Scorps .
    The merchandise was poor also , especially for The Scorps
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Re: Scorpions + Priest Concerts !!

man i wanted to see that tour so bad, but it didn't hit the east coast of the USA. the scorpions are probably the best live band i've seen, EVER.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

went to the manchester gig on the 21st.. scorpions were cool,priest were spot on!! the only thing that let it down was the sound (very muddy and boomy) glen tipton has to be one of the most under rated players around. it's a shame hamer didn't do a production run on k.k's mini "v" and glen's pointy thing.
      yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Cookiemonster, I totally agree!
        Glen is such a great player, and he doesn't get a ton of attention.
        Both his and KK's Hamers from the 80s are fucking rad. It would be so damn cool to have one of Glen's hourglass/star axes with a maple fretboard, black block inlays and the black body with the white.. bevels? I dunno if it's bevels but it looks cool anyway.

That would have been a sweet show to see... especially Priest, I love their music.
        From the live vids I've seen ("Electric Eye" DVD, the DVD that came with Angel of Retribution, and a bootleg that was of horrible video/audio quality and had most of the same tracks that I would later discover to be on Angel of Retribution's freebie DVD, and for cheaper... grrrr) I will agree that Priest doesn't have a very exciting stage act, but their music is excellent and they have a great metal sound! Their classic sound IMO was better than their newer sounds, including their newer takes on their old songs when they play live. Never seen 'em live though, only seen vids of 'em so I can't comment on how they actually sound in person.
        For me, The Hellion/Electric Eye just hits the spot! That's the song that first got me really charged up about metal!

I can see how the Scorps might be a better band to see live though.

Comment

I'm going to see the Plymouth show on Thursday - I haven't been so stoked about a gig for ages! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I was at the Belfast show - great stuff indeed... what happened to Rudi near the end of the set? Seemed to disappear for a bit... maybe I was just too drunk and had my eyes closed though... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
            Steve.

Comment

I agree too. Tipton is one heck of a player. He gets better every decade! He is a very precise player and nailed every riff and solo when I saw them.

Comment

You should check out Glenn's solo effort, "Baptizm of Fire". It f'n rocks, especially the cover of "Paint it Black". [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                X