Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slipknot 3/26 in Houston with Strathead Charvel???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipknot 3/26 in Houston with Strathead Charvel???

Was anyone closer than I (section 202) able to make out the other guitar player's strathead guitar? I know he played a maple boarded Charvel pointy, but it looked like he also had a dual hum Strathead Charvel to me.

Great show. LOG destroyed as always, and while I'm not a Slipknot fan, they impressed me. Plus my date was hot.

Brett

Re: Slipknot 3/26 in Houston with Strathead Charvel???

Are you sure it wasn't Jim Root and his Fender Tele?

Slipknot Fender

Comment

I'm going to see them tonight. I'm really going for LOG, but Slipknot may surprise me.

Comment

That's him, but this was a strathead of some sort.

Comment

I am watching a bootleg video of Slipknot live from 3weeks ago(March 5th,2005) Philadelphia show right now.
          Brett is right.
          The guy is using a Strathead Charvel, not Fender.
          I can see Charvel logo on the headstock.
          It looks to me like 1hum or 2hums with Vintage trem and Black color body.

I will try to save some pics from the video and post here in 1hour.

Comment

I saw Slipnot in Tampa last week. Jim Root was playing (what looked to me) a new Black Charvel Pointy headstock Guitar. Maple neck, Black head stock, black harware, Floyd Rose and single humbucker. He played it half the night, and his Tele the other half.

Comment

I was going to start a similar thread when I saw Slipknot a couple weeks back in Mass. In addition to the tele and strat-head, Jim Root had a Black pointy headstock, which I *think* had a Charvel logo on it, but honestly I was a little too far away to read the headstock, but I swear I recogonized the Charvel logo on it from afar. It, like the others, was a black body, vintage-type trem, and maple board, but I couldn't make out any fret dots on the pointy like the others, so it might not have had any.

Overall, Slipknot were good, but I enjoyed LOG way more. Slipknot seemed a bit battered that night with the one of the guy's (percussionist) legs was in a cast, with him hobbling around and the "clown" was absent due to his wife being ill.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Re: Slipknot 3/26 in Houston with Strathead Charve

Well it's within the realm of possibility since Fender and Jackson/Charvel is one family now. Plus those guys seem to change endorsments at a pretty quick rate from what I have seen.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The guy's are total gearwhores, at least Jim is. He was with Rivera last month, and now he's playing with Deizel's live.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The guy's are total gearwhores, at least Jim is. He was with Rivera last month, and now he's playing with Deizel's live.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the probelm here is??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I wish I had that "problem"! Too many endorsements!

George Lynch has been afflicted with this for quite some time as well, but even though he changes gear like socks, he still ALWAYS sounds like George Lynch.

Jim Root used to play Jackson Soloists a few years back, so he's no stranger to the J/C family. He was also endorsing Mesa a few years ago, then Bogner, and now whatever the flavor of his day is. Can't say I blame him... Mick was on the cover of Guitar One with an Ibanez RG, red w/black binding, and matching reverse headstock - VERY cool axe... Some may consider him a gear whore as well!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Overall, Slipknot were good, but I enjoyed LOG way more.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree LOG's sound was the best. They also seemed to play the strongest set. I think one of their guitarist has a new Signature Jackson? Kinda Tele meets Les Paul meets Strat. Anyone got pics of this new axe??? Liked the sound of the Triple Framus Dragon Stacks and Framus Guitar also. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Mark Morton (I think I have the name right)..his new sig Jackson model is a screwed up looking Tele-strat-paul...but it works for him so WTH...Root played the black pointy head guitar last night..couldn't read the name..and he played a red Jackson (3/3 headstock)..it was nice. I think I have my guitarist mixed up because the guy on the other side of the stage was playing the Tele...Anyhow..LOG owned the show..I had one hell of a time..my neck is stiff today )sign of good headbanging LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X