Flotsam and Jetsam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flotsam and Jetsam

These guys are playing a gig in June at a club about 15 minutes from where I live. I have always liked them, especially, "Doomsday", and never got a chance to see'em around here. It's been 15+ years since their heydey and I don't know what their line-up looks like these days. Has anyone seen them recently?

Re: Flotsam and Jetsam

They are way too cool.
    I saw them twice back in late 80's.
    They were on tour of No place for disgrace tour.

Comment

I would've loved to have seen them back then, but I don't remember them ever coming around my way. I thought Mike Gilbert and Ed Carlson had a great dynamic. Hopefully, they're still together for this show.

Comment

I never got to see them. Apparently they weren't allowed into Canada because of drug charges or something. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I never got to see them either, but I met second bass player, Troy Gregory, in NYC one time in a bar next door to CBGB's. He was actually out of Flotsam and in Prong at the time, but he was a really cool guy. When The Storm Comes Down is my favorite album of theirs. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'd love to see them if they come around this way, no matter what the line up is. Wonder if Eric Knutson will be singing with them again since he left and decided to go Country.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They'll be playing at Dingbatz in Clifton in June. You can get info at www.thetourbus.com. That's probably only 30-40 minutes for you Toe.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Wonder if Eric Knutson will be singing with them again since he left and decided to go Country.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAAAA?!?!

Please say it ain't so.

I have most of their albums. My favourites are Drift, and When the Storm Comes Down.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                Wonder if Eric Knutson will be singing with them again since he left and decided to go Country.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAAAA?!?!

Please say it ain't so.

I have most of their albums. My favourites are Drift, and When the Storm Comes Down.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, he quit the band awhile ago and they got another singer. He said there wasn't any money in metal and thought his voice was better for country. I really dig the Drift album, too.
                I forget who the singer is (or was), but I believe RacerX knows who he is, I remember reading something about it. Not sure what's going on with them now, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  They'll be playing at Dingbatz in Clifton in June. You can get info at www.thetourbus.com. That's probably only 30-40 minutes for you Toe.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Cool! I've been to the Clifton quite a bit in the past for work, so I'm a little familiar with the area. I should check that place out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

they put a live DVD out last year. i always liked the band, but it seems like they always had a bit too much filler on their records. great live band though.

Comment

I've seen them about 15 times... the last time was last summer at the BW&BK 6-pack festival. Eric is back in the band. They played an awsome set with a bunch of stuff from Doomsday and No Place. It drifted into Cuatro and, um, Drift a bit in the middle, but then back to the classics at the end. All in all, one of the best performances at that festival.
                      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

That's cool. I can't wait to check them out. I assume that both original guitarists are still with the band.

Comment

Working...
                        X