Wintersun's Jari's Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wintersun's Jari's Jacksons

i did a search and i think no one posted this before. Anyone heard of Jari's (ex-ensiferum) new project/band Wintersun??? Purely rocks. He's a fucking genius....he recorded all vocals guitars bass and synths [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]and ofcourse wrote all the songs. Teemu from Imperanon also joined the band....so both guitarists are using jacksons which means the band purely smokes!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Anyways back to the topic....can anyone help identifying his jacksons?
    http://www.sweetsilence.com/gallery/gallery.asp?ID=139
    http://www.vedenpaa.com/eldiablo/kuv...pg&thumb=0
    thanks

Re: Wintersun\'s Jari\'s Jacksons

The green one in the first pic is a DR3, the purple one on the far right of the second pic is a Performer of some sort and I'm not sure about the black one with the dot inlays...

Comment

They're essentially Dinky Professionals, and I know he likes an 81/85 combo in his Jackson he used to record the Wintersun album.

He recorded half of it with the 81/85 loaded Jackson, and the other half with a stock Tokai Telecaster, and you can tell. Listen for the single coil twang, it sounds badass in extreme metal IMO.

He uses a Mesa Tri-Axis and Mesa 50/50 poweramp, through a Mesa cabinet on the newest Ensiferum album, and a Marshall cabinet on the Wintersun album.

Unfortunately, Petri Lindroos (Norther) replaced Jari in Ensiferum, as Jari wants to devote all his time to Wintersun. Not really a bad thing, but I don't think Petri will be able to fill his shoes, at least not the clean vocals.

Comment

This band reminds me a lot of my side project, Emphiricomposquebob, only slightly more melodic and with less medieval undertones. I go for more of a Scottish vibe as well.

Comment

Working...
        X