Black Label Society 4/14 Winston Salem, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Label Society 4/14 Winston Salem, NC

I'm going to see BLS this coming Thursday at Ziggy's. Anyone else on the forum going to be at that show?

Also, any of you that have seen earlier shows, would you please post a set list? I'm curious to know what they'll be playing. I'm also wondering if they'll do a meet and greet. It would be killer to see Zakk. He has always been one of my favorite guitarists.

Re: Black Label Society 4/14 Winston Salem, NC

Some friends of mine (www.blancodiablomusic.com) were talking about maybe getting to open for them but I guess things didn't fall thru. I was gonna tech for them if they did but since they aren't I'm probably not gonna go, since Winston-Salem is a bit of a drive for me on a Thursday afternoon.

Comment

I just saw BLS at Harpo's March 26th and it was incredible. Alot better than the show he taped for the Dvd a couple of years ago. He didn't talk that much but it had a lot of emotional guitar playing due to the loss of Dime. His live version of In This River was just unbelievable. I think he ended up playing 16 songs which included an acoustic set with Spoke In The Wheel and Mama I'm Comin' Home. He played for almost two hours. Great show.

Comment

I just saw them in Philly on Fri. Meldrum their opening band didn't do anything for me. The minimal amount of crowd banter was unintelligible. Other than those two minor complaints, the concert rocked. He played mostly the polka dot V, with one of his sigs in there intermittenly, and an acoustic for an instrumental song I didn't recognize, and Mama I'm Comin Home where the crowd sang. The songs were about half of the new album, plus stoned and drunk, stillborn and my friend said the rest were mostly from one album, but I forgot which one he said it was (I don't have it). They throw a ton of beers into the crowd, which was cool, but I didn't get one.

Comment

The Set List For Ziggy's:
          Stoned
          Destruction
          Long Time
          Funeral
          Suffering
          River
          Suicide
          Demise
          Spread
          Spoke
          Fire It Up
          Stillborn
          Genocide
          He also played a acoustic set by himself in the middle of the show which include Diary Of A Madman and Mama I'm Coming Home, in which the crowd could sing along with.

Comment

He also done a tribute to Dimebag, in which he played a Dimebag model. He mainly played his V, he played his Les Paul on a few songs also. Nick mainly played Dimebag models.

Comment

Even if you are not a big BLS fan, but like Zakk's playing with Ozzy or Pride And Glory you should catch a show if you can. He played a good show for the entire 2 hours. The lighting was better than any other show I've ever seen. Unfortunately none of the band signed autographs, but still a good time. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw them 4/1 in Clifton Park and Zakk smoked!! yeh, he played Randy's polka-dot V more than his bullseye..........
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                X