Cryptopsy/ Mesa Boogie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptopsy/ Mesa Boogie

Alright, so it's probably an old topic...and I did search but didn't find what I wanted...so I'll ask you guys. Cyrptopsy uses Mesa/Boogie...at least according to band pictures those are Recto's on stage...so there's hope for my Mesa gear to stay tight and thrash? I have the triaxis and 50/50...I always thought I didn't need the components of the 2:90 to get what I wanted...but maybe I do.

-Nick

Re: Cryptopsy/ Mesa Boogie

When I saw them in Toronto they used Dual's from what I remember, I have pics from that shot of pedal boards racks and what not on CD somewhere. They had the best tone I have ever heard come out of a Recto at that show, super tight and focused. I was waiting for it to sound like loose fuzzy goat ass, but I was suprised.

Comment

I just saw em last month or so in california,they had dual rectos..don't remember what kind of pedals though...

Comment

I saw them in november and one guitarist used a dual recto and Daniel Mongrain used a rocktron velocity 250 power amp and a rocktron prophecy preamp and 2 intellifex online processors.

they both had gates on thier tone until the solos.

Chris

Comment

Do you recall what kind of noisegates they we're using ?

Comment

Working...
          X