Opeth Lamentations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opeth Lamentations

Just got through seeing the DVD. It was an awesome blend of their heavy and mellow stuff. I see they use Laney and PRS for the most part. Funny watching something that heavy come out of PRSs.

Anyway, the DVD is well worth the watch. Covers most of the songs from Damnation and Deliverance and has a "making of" bonus feature.

--Dan
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: Opeth Lamentations

I have Lamentations. It's a pretty good DVD.

What I really like about Opeth, is that they never downtune, except for a couple songs in drop-D. Those PRS' and Laneys sound great!

Comment

The sound on the DVD is not from the Laneys. Andy Sneap had a each guitar running through DI's into the board and he re-amped it later at his studio through some Marshalls and other gear....Clever bastard..

Comment

they're live sound is actually a Boss-GT6 straight into the power amp of the Laneys. They don't use the preamp of the Laney at all.

Comment

I've watched that DVD before, I think it's pretty awesome.
          However I dearly miss some old stuff on there, which they couldn't include due to problems with their old label.

Actually I just borrowed this DVD from my buddy again today, I'm gonna watch it tomorrow evening! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Its rumored they'll be signing to Roadrunner records here shortly (MNF went belly up last year) hopefully RR will get the rights to those older albums and be able to produce a DVD or Live CD with a true Opeth setlist. Instead of keepign it to just 3 albums' contents.

Comment

Awesome dvd. I've watched it many times since its purchase. I love the behind the scenes studio stuff that gives you a glimpse of their creative process. I knew these guys were tight, but I gained a greater appreciation of Martin Lopez's drumming from just watching him in the studio segments. I sooooo long for "Demon of the Fall" dvd. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very good DVD.......excellent musicians

Comment

Working...
                X