Def Leppard gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def Leppard gear

does anyone know what gear Def Leppard used up to and including Hysteria?
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Re: Def Leppard gear

Steve Clark was a fan of Gibsons. He played mostly Les Paul's and during Hysteria, we see a Firebird. Pete Willis played an Explorer. Phil played his Ibanez Destroyer on the Pyromania tour and during Hysteria we see the Jacksons. From what I remember he had the gray and silver crackle two humbucker Soloist with Kahler, a white Soloist one hum, two singles, and then his signature archtop. Steve went to Kahlers on this album. It looks like he liked the palm control arms.

Hysteria was recorded mainly through a Rockman direct into the board and I believe they used Randall on the road.

Comment

You should check out the dvd of the making of hysteria.Its called the classic rock albums series.They go into detail about alot of the recording.Really cool dvd, which reminds me i need to get it back,thanks!

Comment

Brooks has a bunch of gear pics on his site.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          From what I remember he had the gray and silver crackle two humbucker Soloist with Kahler,

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Jim, got a pic possibly? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

This is from Brooks site. I forgot all about the Dracula guitar. I remember Joe played a Hysteria Soloist on "Hysteria" in concert, don't know if it is this guitar or one like it. Looks like I blew it on the Kahler deal too. I remembered a Kahler but it obviously had a Floyd.

Comment

Icoulda sworn that the crackle had a kahler on it.Cool guitar.He used it in the "women" video.

Comment

Maybe he had two? I remember a Kahler too, but man, I was a kid when I was into them and only remember what I saw in pics and stuff in the 80's.

Comment

Yeah, pretty sure there was another. I believe it was a gold crackle w/Kahler. Possibly shown in the "Pour Some Sugar" video.

Comment

<font color="aqua">oooooohhhh.....thank you sir! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Many of Phil's guitars originally had Kahlers, and were later converted, the crackle and Bella Lugosi (sp?) Soloists being two of them. As a matter of fact, I remember seeing the crackle with a Kahler fulcrum trem with fine tuners (that small, oddball one that appears on a lot of model series Charvels), then a Kahler flatmount, then a Floyd Rose.

Comment

Noodles, I can see how the Kahler Traditional fulcrum could be used. They were offering those on USA Jackson by 1986, so they were not only equipped to make them, but they had the units in stock. I had a 1986 Soloist factory equipped with one of those.

Comment

Def Who?
                          www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Def Who?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

#3 was always my favorite

Comment

Working...
                              X