Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guitar to have signed by Motley Crue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What guitar to have signed by Motley Crue?

brian, the answer is none .

I have owned strathead charvels & cool jacksons signed by gary moore , ozzy, geezer butler,steve via, warren dimartini, etc. ...and they all have one thing in common....

with exception of my [rob wittes] white '87 soloist custom none were owned by the artist nor were they ever played by the artist....
    I wiped the autos clean after a short time after buying them.

my advice is hondo, kay, and the like.... cause you wont play whatever guitar you have signed for fear of erasing the mojo.

I met the crue in '84 on the bark at the moon ozzy tour. {BTW jake was very cool]...
    not being star struck I didnt have any of them sign a thing... just partied with them...

I had great seats/passes on this tour [and have better in august] and had them all sign my '84 shout at the devil tour shirt, which I bought the first time I saw them.... now that was cool....

still not star struck just figured if I was gonna do it do it now.... and NO the size small t-shirt from '84 doesnt fit me by a long shot today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], its now behind glass !!!

Comment

My wife and I met them in Greenville, SC. She had her copy of "The Dirt" signed. I had my "Shout at the Devil" vinyl sleeve signed. The each signed their pictures. We're going to have it framed with our tickets, and Platinum club passes and put it in our computer room.

Most of the people brought posters, The Dirt or album covers/sleeves.

Comment

Get one of those glossy 8X10's you always see on the bay. That would be nice, or maybe a poster or album.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I wiped the autos clean after a short time after buying them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I own a guitar that was ordered by one of my favorite artists when he was a Jackson endorsee, it was used on albums and toured with, and I bought it directly from him. If he auto'd it, I would have wiped it clean too. I'm glad he didn't even ask if I wanted it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Dude, if you really want a guitar signed, get a piece of shit white warlock. Get a wall hook and hang it up as art. That way you don't spend much on a guitar you will never play (because its a POS) you wont smudge the sigs (because you will never play it, because its a POS) and if you really want it to be cool, blood splatter it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] like the one on the album cover.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              and NO the size small t-shirt from '84 doesnt fit me by a long shot today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can relate! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X