Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nile played better than King Diamond

[ QUOTE ]
    Having a mangina isn't a good reason. He let down a ton of people. Becoming suddenly ill is a lame generic excuse. If he's burnt out he should just quit the business. I remember reading about how he hasnt' been doing the falsetto vocals on this tour anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of manginas, you sound like a 13 year old girl complaining that she couldn't wear makeup to school or something like that [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Geesh man, grow up. He was sick and couldn't perform. You act like he showed up, and then pulled an Axl Rose or some crap like that. You're also misinformed, I was at the show about 3 hours ago and he pulled off the vocals excellently, falsettos and all.

Arrived late, only to catch a song of Behemoth. Seen them twice before so I'm not bummed out about it. They sounded really good though for that one song, though. Chant For Eschaton 2000 was the song, so it wasn't a good indidcation of their playing / speed.. But all the members were circular headbanging the whole time when they weren't doing vocals. Nergel was wearing this weird face mask type thing... Whacky.

The thing I noticed for starters was that the stage was absolutely tiny with King Diamond having all his stage setup. The openers had absolutely no room.

Black Dahlia Murder was much better than I expected. The singer actually sang from the "crowd fences" (where the security guys stand and catch crowd surfers) because there was absolutely zero room on the stage. His vocals were okay, but he was very energetic and trying really hard to get people into the music. Guitar playing was precise and the drumming was intense.

Nile played next and I don't exactly know what to think of their performance. I like some of their music, but they've not really been very impressive lately (this was like the 6th time I'd seen them). Karl Sanders (short blonde haired guitarist) literally had a 2'x2' area to move in, because the stage was already cramped, but even more so with all his pedals (1 FCB1010, Roland GR1 Guitar Synth, and his pedal board stomp thing that he activates the backing synth stuff with). He really didn't have the ability to move around at all but he still performed quite well. Dallas (balding guitarist) seemed really reserved compared to the last times I've seen them, didn't really move at all and didn't headbang but pulled off some AWESOME vocals (he was doing double duty, taking over the parts Jon did). Joe Payne (bass player) was pretty much commanding the stage for them, he did a ton of headbanging (really fast headbanging too) and interacted with the crowd, as well as pulled off some wicked backing vocals. George (drummer) was doing well but having some sort of problem with his triggers and it was frustrating him quite a bit. Overall, they pulled off a killer set and show, but the only real downside was that their sound was the worst of the night, the PA was feeding back a lot and the guitar tones were really thin sounding. They played some killer tracks though, about 4-ish songs from the new album as well as some great tracks from Black Seeds Of Vengeance.

King Diamond absolutely ruled. Pulled off what seemed like a 2 hour-ish set. Mike and Andy both were in top form tonight, very tight and excellent lead playing. Hal and Matt were keeping that rhythm going steady. As I said earlier King was in top form and did a great job of pulling off the vocals as well as getting the crowd into it and also doing the usual stage show stuff. The highlight of the set, at least for me, was when they closed the night with Evil.

Gear breakdown
    Behemoth - Couldn't see the amps, Gibsons for the 6 string songs, Ibanezes for the 7 string songs.
    Black Dahlia Murder - ESP LP copy for one dude, ESP M-II (I think) for the other
    Nile - Karl '79 Series ML w/a midi type pickup somewhere (built into the guitar), his ton of midi gear and two JCM2000 heads. Dallas - Some sort of Dean soloist styled guitar, Marshall poweramp and some sort of pre-amp that I couldn't make out (looked like a single rack space.
    King Diamond - Andy had a Caparison Dillinger, I believe, couldn't see what amp gear he was using because of the stage stuff they had. Mike was playing through some reverse head stock strats (one beaten, one cleaned up) with a Seymour Duncan humbucker in the bridge (I think). The headstocks didn't have any logos, so he either shaved 'em off or they are project guitars. Mike was using a Peavey amp of some sort (I think it was either a 5150II, JSX, or Triple XXX.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that BDM used Triple Rectifiers for both guitar players.

Comment

I saw the tour here in NY a couple weeks ago. I didnt think KD was going to show up because he had cancelled the show the night before but to me it would b no loss because I can't stand him. Oh and he had a chick on stage doing the really high parts for him.

Nile slayed me though, as always.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Thanks "Inearthed" for the review.
          Looking forward to Saturday's concert. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          I'm taking my nephew and his friend.
          It's his first time going out with his crazy uncle to a gig.
          I just wish they were old enough to drive me home. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Finn

Comment

He did pull an Axle Rose...he was there..and decided he didn't want to fucking perform. RIGHT BEFORE they were supposed to go onstage. They had all their shit onstage.

He did something stupid while Nile was playing....drank too much did some drugs..something. Something bullshit that got him suddenly ill.

I got ripped off. I wanted to see mike wead.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Oh and he had a chick on stage doing the really high parts for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

King was awesome here in Cleveland. I've seen him many times and this was a great one. He's truly a class act. Wead and Laroque were in top form.

Nile sucked ass here, and the guitar player on the left, the one eating donuts, was a slouch with lame solos. I expected a lot more from such a band. "I" could hammer him on my worst day, which should truly embarrass such a "pro".

Behemoth cancelled thankfully, last time they were here they were very unimpressive.

The chick onstage with KD wasn't "doing" the falsettos, they were doing harmonies together. And here, SHE was the one that was going off key, hehe... They could definitely do with out her.

Comment

Dam, my ears are still ringing from last nights San Francisco gig. My first time seeing KD.
                  KD kicked ass. Andy,and Mike, was in top form.
                  I wished they played more from "Them"
                  The girl was there but doing only the harmonies.
                  My review will just say the same as "Inearthed" earler review.
                  My nephew and his friend had a kick-ass time.
                  It was his friends first concert, the got to the front left
                  side of the stage, and they tell me a couple was having sex right next to them. He says it was "consensual"
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] because she was not resisting. What a way to see your first concert.
                  Finn

Comment

Working...
                  X