Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nile played better than King Diamond

Nile ruled tonight!!!!

King Diamond completely pussed out...and canceled. They sent one of the local henchman out to announce that "King Diamond has become suddenly ill and isn't goign to perform...we'll give you 7 bucks back if you want to sit ina line for 2 more hours".

Nile played a few more songs...I thoguth they did fine. I had no idea Karl was so fat. his solos are dumb...yes..alot like Kerry King solos......I didn't think they were any worse though...I don't dig that frantic "I'm jus tplaying as many notes as I can" tremelo crap. The shit he did on the Sarcophagus song was cool though. That was definately the highlight of their set.

Not impressed with KD. He probably got sick from drinking too muchm, fucking idiot. You don't fucking cancel a show 5 minutes before you go onstage. That shit is reserved for guns 'n roses. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Re: Nile played better than King Diamond

I can't stand King Diamond's vocals.... hmmm... he's probably like 60 now anyways [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'll be seeing them sunday!

Comment

King Diamond ruled everytime I've seen him. Twice at Sweden Rock Festival, both with Mercyful Fate and KD, 1988 with Candlemass at Fryshuset Stockholm and 2003 at Frysen Stockholm.
        He's a real entertainer and gives a 100% everytime I've seen him.
        I bet he has a very good reason for cancelling the show.

As for Nile, I've seen 'em once at NJ Metal Meltdown and I'd better not comment on that but Deicide really blew me away. They ruled!

JT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The shit he did on the Sarcophagus song was cool though. That was definately the highlight of their set.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Sarcophagus is one of my favorite songs. Slow, focused Death Metal simply destroys!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            King Diamond ruled everytime I've seen him. Twice at Sweden Rock Festival, both with Mercyful Fate and KD, 1988 with Candlemass at Fryshuset Stockholm and 2003 at Frysen Stockholm.
            He's a real entertainer and gives a 100% everytime I've seen him.
            I bet he has a very good reason for cancelling the show.

As for Nile, I've seen 'em once at NJ Metal Meltdown and I'd better not comment on that but Deicide really blew me away. They ruled!

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a mangina isn't a good reason. He let down a ton of people. Becoming suddenly ill is a lame generic excuse. If he's burnt out he should just quit the business. I remember reading about how he hasnt' been doing the falsetto vocals on this tour anyway.

Comment

oh and I should point out that Behemoth and Black Dahlia were of course..the best parts of the show. I just liked Nile's perserverance and some of the thigns they were doing.

Black Dahlia Murder are like an At The Gates impersonator..and that's not a bad thing. They have a new signer since the last time I saw them though...unless he gained 50 pounds. And I think hte bassist is new too. They seem pretty much 100 percent death metal now. back when I saw them with Arch Enemy they seemed a little metalcore. Now they're all kickass.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Black Dahlia Murder are like an At The Gates impersonator..and that's not a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think?! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I thought Centinex were a closer ATG ripoff than Black Dahlia Murder (even though BDM cites ATG as one of their bigger influences)

Comment

Diamond played here in New England and He wasn't anything special. I'm not a Nile fan by any stretch of the imagination, but they tore it up better than KD.

Comment

I'm going to this show tomorrow, so it should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing KD, Behemoth and BDM. Seen Nile like 5 times, hopefully they'll do a lot better than the last time I saw them.

Comment

There are alot of ATG ripoffs. BDM is just one of them. I don' tmind any of them really.

Comment

Bed Of Nails is a At the Gates rip off.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Too bad about KD...Mike Wead and Andy LaRoque were absolutely INCREDIBLE...like always..those guys are REAL players!!!

I wish I saw Behemoth...they cancelled here...

and Nile was a big let down for me..as you know..
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          Black Dahlia Murder are like an At The Gates impersonator..and that's not a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think?! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I thought Centinex were a closer ATG ripoff than Black Dahlia Murder (even though BDM cites ATG as one of their bigger influences)

[/ QUOTE ]
                          The Haunted are an ATG impersonator! Oh wait, they were ATG. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And they all stole it from Dick Dale [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

K.D. plays here in San Francisco. Sat night.
                              Inearthed- how did you like the show?
                              Finn

Comment

Working...
                              X