Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mustaine...being judgemental.

[ QUOTE ]
    I didn't get verry far down the comments on that site, but everybody seemed to agree that the band Rotting Christ has shitty music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly think that blabbermouth is any indication of the metal scene as a whole, let alone Greece. Almost every topic on blabbermouth gets a steady response of "MAN THIS BAND SUCKS" or if its about a woman everyone says either how much they'd like to bang her or how she's so ugly. I don't think Rotting Christ would've been selected to be on the tour if the weren't popular.

Comment

Mustaine being reasonable IMO

I think Dave's response was 100% reasonable. If he doesn't want to play with this band, it's completely within his rights, and more power to him. Whatever he has or has not done in the past is entirely irrelevant.

Comment

Re: Mustaine being reasonable IMO

^what he said.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          supposively

[/ QUOTE ]
          LOL See here to get a lesson in spelling that word. http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...rt=1&vc=1&nt=4 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            or if its about a woman everyone says either how much they'd like to bang her or how she's so ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a third option?
            "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I didn't get verry far down the comments on that site, but everybody seemed to agree that the band Rotting Christ has shitty music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly think that blabbermouth is any indication of the metal scene as a whole, let alone Greece. Almost every topic on blabbermouth gets a steady response of "MAN THIS BAND SUCKS" or if its about a woman everyone says either how much they'd like to bang her or how she's so ugly. I don't think Rotting Christ would've been selected to be on the tour if the weren't popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahha, yeah blabbermouth comments aren't what you read when you're in search of an inspired and informed debate.

Comment

Good ol Dave. Can't stop whining. The guy's first record is called Killing is my Business. Mechanix is about sex, and I'm sure it's not about marital sex. Rattle your goddamn head. A few years ago in an interview he said he's a Christian but he's also a blackbelt and wouldn't hesitate to kick someone's ass if necessary. So why be a Christian then? Maybe he needs to be a monk and take a vow of silence so we don't have to hear is blabbering. Maybe if he focused on writing good music instead of complaining that people on the Megadeth forums are comparing the current lineup to past lineups then the world would be a happier place.

Comment

We've all got our limits when it comes to that sort of thing, and Dave is allowed that.

One of the guys I jam with won't play "Highway to Hell", but he'll play "TNT". I don't think that makes him a hypocrite.

I'll play "Highway to Hell", but I won't put inverted cross inlays in the guitar generator (if you decide to photoshop them in, hey, that's your business). And if I were in a full-time band that was offered a slot in the F*ck Christ tour, I'd kindly pass, thank you very much.

I think there's an allowable grey area with this sort of thing. Otherwise all we'd have would be Satan worshippers and extreme fundamentalist Christians. Everyone gets to decide for themselves where they draw the line.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    And if I were in a full-time band that was offered a slot in the F*ck Christ tour, I'd kindly pass, thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah, but if it were the Fuck Satan Tour, I'm sure you and your band would go out with Stryper and Believer, right? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      And if I were in a full-time band that was offered a slot in the F*ck Christ tour, I'd kindly pass, thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, but if it were the Fuck Satan Tour, I'm sure you and your band would go out with Stryper and Believer, right? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess that would only stand to reason that if I am anti-Satan I'd be pro-Christianity. Actually, I'm not even all that religious, and I'm not in a Christian band. But my point is, that you don't need to be of a bible-thumping, "Pokemon is leading kids to Satan" type of mentality to draw the line at something that couldn't be more sacriligeous.

I'm also not a member of PETA, but I wouldn't support an organization whose sole purpose is to abuse animals for fun.

Life isn't black and white.

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Life isn't black and white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Dave's the one turning down the business, so it's his call, isn't it?

Given his history, though, I do wonder if there is more to it. I wonder if he is going to personally vet the lyrics of every song by every band on the Gigantour? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder if Dream Theater will be performing whole Metallica albums note-for-note on "Gigantour."
                            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

hmmmm...

well I sure the fuck like some Rotting Christ's albums better than SOME ...cheezy , stinkin' , boring , lame ass ...very GAY megadeth albums like fucking ...RISK..TWNAH...or most of CW!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

at least Rotting Christ never copped out or tried jumping on any trends and try and sound like "load" or whatever is popular...I think Dave lost touch of reality and the whole "metal" attitude all together....

Jesus , Business , whinning , metallica and metal...well it just don't mix very well..do it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dave has a long history of not wanting to play with black metal bands, and he handled this in a mature, professional way. I'm sure some people are going off on him because of his track record of whining and moaning, but I don't see the big deal behind this one. I'm sure RC wouldn't want to play a string of dates with Stryper and Amy Grant.

It's like AlexL said, life isn't all black and white. The 90s end, and all of the sudden everyone is drawing their line in the sand. Yes, no. Right, wrong. Well, I enjoy living my life as maybe and just a little bit wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X