Mustaine...being judgemental.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mustaine...being judgemental.

yep just like me man...I was weened on Frank Marino , Van Halen , Black Sabbath , Judas Priest and Uli Roth ere Scorions...Kiss to me was a bubblegum pop band that posed like metal dudes..and they were all hacks at their craft IMO!!!

they had a few "catchy" arena anthems ...tons of promotion and a great stage show...all the icing without the cake.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

man I love Kiss and Ace is a pure genius when it comes to cool phrasing solos.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I can't believe I forgot Frank Marino! That dude still makes my nut tense up when he digs in for a solo.

My brother-in-law worships KISS and is convinced that they are the finest musicians in rock. One day, he fell so far off the deep end that he told me, "KISS is the singlest most important band in the history of music." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Having been married for ten years, I understand lunacy as well as any man, but that just floored me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

well Kiss is an institution for sure...I must say due to Gene Simmons ( mega JEW) buisness savy that Kiss is Immortal...

Ace never did it for me man...what I was used to at the time...he wasjust LAME...he was just stuck in park..while other were just light years ahead of him like Frank Marino and Uli Roth and Eddie....how can you compare that rock version of Eric Clapton to those awesome shredders...I can't!!!

No fucking way..it's a joke really..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Dave wrote a song called "Looking Down the Cross" that was pretty much about the rotting corpse of Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I have proved "my" playing abilities and knowledge of metal 1000 times over on this board...

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe the latter but not the former, ya taint! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Didn't say I liked Twisted Sister. I said they get more to the point of what Nevermore are trying to say on EoR with all the highschool composition-101 Intro to Creative Writing class cheap metaphors.

Didn't say Ace Frehley (or whoever was playing his parts) is a better player than Jeff Loomis, either. I said the silly leads on Love Gun are still better than the any of the uninspired noodling on EoR.

And we've been through it before, but to me Van Halen was the bubblegum pop band. KISS were my favorite band from the ages of 7 to 10 (1976-80). Most of their material from that era remains classic, despite getting almost zilch airplay at the time. Despite VH being a radio staple from the very beginning, how many of their "classics" are cover tunes? Yeah. I thought so.

Being a "shredder" means fuck-all if ya ain't got good songs. As Nevermore definitely proved with EoR.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Shut up Ron...your gay and you want me.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Necro....who loves ya baby!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If the band is truly pro satan & up front about that, then Dave I feel Dave is justified. If it's just an imagery thing/perception then I say Dave is going overboard. I say this because I'm sure he would have no problem touring w/ Ozzy.

Now on to the lyrics, I dont recall any one Megadeth song that was pro-satan, nor have I ever heard Dave embrace satanic religion. So I dont see this as Dave being hypocritical. Now I am no big Slayer fan, I know they had the imagery back in the day, but from the few people that I knew, they explained away the satan image, one I remember in particular was the song Angel Of Death, the person said it was a song about the WWII scientist doing the experiments on the Jewish people in the concentration camps (Mengala - I'm pretty sure I spelled his name wrong).
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Re: Mustaine...being judgemental.

How the fuck did KISS get pulled into this topic? As for KISS, not once have they ever claimed to be top notch musicians. Matter of fact, everything I've ever read from the band downplayed their skills.

KISS was a spectacle. Nothing more, nothing less. They wrote catchy lyrics about sex, pussy, more sex, more pussy, and the occassional party. Not bad topics I'd say.

As for Mustaine, does he really matter anymore?
                      "POOP"

Comment

^^^ Yes.

Proof?

Go to page 1 of this thread and start reading.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

MUSTAINE RULES THE WORLD!!!!

Comment

well now...that is debatable.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave hasn't ruled his own world yet!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

^^ That sums things up nicely. The End
                              "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                They wrote catchy lyrics about sex, pussy, more sex, more pussy, and the occassional party. Not bad topics I'd say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh..and don't forget Gene's dick, and how many different euphanisms he could come up with for it in his songs! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Plaster Caster" is one of a few... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X