Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mustaine...being judgemental.

[ QUOTE ]
    As for Mustaine, does he really matter anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think he does. He's had a rough last few years, shedding a bunch of hangers-on (including Marty and Junior) and exorcizing a lot of pent-up bad feelings.

In the 90's, as Metallica was doing... whatever it was they were doing, the metal community took Megadeth for granted as the leader of the thrash pack. It was like, "Oh, hey, another awesome Megadeth record." Then when Risk came out and Megadeth was hitting all kinds of walls, Dave and Junior even bemoaning the choice of the name Megadeth in an interview in Penthouse, it became a constant game of worrying about what's happening to Dave and his band. I don't know if The System Has Failed can truly be called a vibrant return to form, but I think he's at a really critical and interesting point of his career right now.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Bill, I think EoR kind of sucks. It's not a good representation of NMs work. I mean, it's good, but it's not Nevermore good if that makes sense at all? Dead Heart in a Dead world, and Politics of Ecstacy are the way to go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, I might try one or both of those. Thanks.

Comment

I LIKE EOR...I didn't pick up the remastered yet..

I thought the weakest of all was Dreaming neon black..but I like most of that as well.

The solos to EOR are awesome IMO!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I dont think Dave was being a prick about it. It is his tour and he can chose who he wants to play on his billing.
            So what. I just wish he was playing Jacksons... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              As for Mustaine, does he really matter anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]
              The bigger question is: Do Mustaine, Metallica and EVH really matter any more? The answer: Not really! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The biggest question is: does anyone give a damn about you/us bitching about this useless crap? The answer: hell no. The conclusive answer: so let's stop bitching about it.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  so let's stop bitching about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  How about, no? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah...I'm gonna bitch now...just to piss YOU off..

how do you like THAT! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Haven't read the whole thing, but even as a KV2 player, i will say this.

Mustaine is a prick

I am a huge dissection fan and he booted them off a show in Israel.
                      The christian has about as much right as the satanist in that country. but i'm not gonna go into relgious views, i am gonna talk fropm the point of view of the MUSIC FAN!
                      Did he think that a part of that crowd would be paying for Dissection and not Megadeth? That's a piece of shit.
                      Now, the rotting christ thing. He's gonna piss his OWN FANS off by skipping show cause he doesn't like a black metal band. That's a piece of shit guys.
                      Dave is no longer a musician.
                      A musician is someone who writes music and gives it to the masses.
                      If you're gonna be picky about who you let see your band. Just give music the fuck up now.

Rant over.

Comment

Hey guys, I heard that Toby Keith likes Ford and not Chevy, what an bastard huh?

MEGADETH forever motherf*cker! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

You said it: "A musician is someone who writes music and gives it to the masses." Ergo, a musician should at least try to do something that appeals to the masses. A stupid name and indecipherable Cookie Monster vocals don't appeal to the masses.

Fuck these dumbasses who think the cookie monster vocals thing is still cool. It was only cool for about five minutes, when Morbid Angel did it. I hate Labrie's little sissy voice, but I'd sooner listen to that Ann Wilson wannabe before some no-English-speaking Greek grumbler.

Comment

lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I agree with necrotechno, cookie monster vocals are ghey, almpost 15 years there are almost no new bands with strong singers, I'm not talking about power metal vocals, I want some Coverdale, Gillan, Dickinson etc. type of vocals.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No matter how good the music sounds, if a singer is doing that shitty ass low growl cookie monster vocals I turn it off. It sounds so stupid IMO. I don't care.

Comment

Dave is a musician...maybe he's a "piece of shit" and a musician...

you could be both...I do know a few [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X