Grim Reaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grim Reaper

If there are any ole' 80s metalheads out there,you remember Rock you to Hell by this band.Any young ens' need to listen to it if you have not yet.
    Does anyone know who the drummer was?
    Ever since I bought my mod 6 I feel drawn to play the old stuff again. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Grim Reaper

I loved them and had all three of their tapes... See You In Hell, Fear No Evil and Rock You To Hell. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Steve Grimmette was the singer, Nick Bowcott was the left-handed guitar player, and I believe the drummer was Mark Simon. I can't remember the bass player offhand... they may have had more than one. Now I gotta go dig those tapes out again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Plenty of ole 80's metalheads out here!I'm with you,Toe!I am looking for my Grim Reaper stuff right now!
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Grim Reaper! That's hilarious! I remembered the "See You In Hell" song, so I picked up the guitar and had the progression down in about 5 seconds. It's scary that I remember how it goes!

-Mark

Comment

Didn't Nick Bowcott have a column in a guitar magazine also?
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Kinda, He wrote for Circus and then worked for Marshall Amps for a while.
            Toe, The original guy was Dave WANKLIN, and like you im not sure if there was one after him or not.
            Grim Reaper was a cool 80s band for sure.
            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Nick is a Contributing Editor for Guitar World Mag.He also did a hell of a tribute to Dimebag at Black Label Society' Mafia release party/gig. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Nick is a Contributing Editor for Guitar World Mag.He also did a hell of a tribute to Dimebag at Black Label Society' Mafia release party/gig. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowcott was also at the BLS show in Mass about a month ago. The show was sponsored by a local radio station as a yearly "Beach party" theme show. DamagePlan headlined it last year and since Zakk was there, it was more of a Dimebag tribute show. Between Killswitch Engage, who was also there and kicked major ass!, and the BLack Label sets, Nick played a 20-minute or so compilation of Pantera's work along with a programmed drum track...he must've played riffs from at least 25-30 songs. It was kinda cool and spooky and a tease all rolled into one. He played a left-handed Dime Dean with a British Flag graphic on it.

Oh and the other members of DP were there too. Vinne Paul played a couple songs on drums for BLS as well, I think Suicide Messiah was one of them.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Toe, The original guy was Dave WANKLIN, and like you im not sure if there was one after him or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Just dug out the Rock You To Hell tape, it says the bass player is David "Chief" Wanklin. There's no picture of him inside, just the other three guys. For some reason, I think he might have only recorded the album and didn't tour or play in the video, but I can't recall, and that's why I thought maybe there was somebody else.

Comment

He is listed on all 3...
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

The "rock you to hell " video had Max Norman playing bass.He mightv'e played it on the lp as well.Br, thier best cd.

Grimmet went on to sing for Onslaught.LOVE the hair extensions

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The "rock you to hell " video had Max Norman playing bass.He might've played it on the lp as well. Br, their best cd.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I thought I remembered another bass player in the video. Dave is listed as playing on the album, though.

Comment

grim reaper rocks! I used to have the best of cd.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Steve also sang for Onslaught after he left Grim Reaper.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I remember seeing them on beavis and butthead haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X