Grim Reaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grim Reaper

It was max in the video, i dont know who was listed on the rock ou to hell lp.

Remember, he played a left handed lime green esp,kinda looked like a bc rich wave. It also featured EZO and joey belladonna.Cool video and by far their best song they wrote.

Comment

I don't remember much about the video, but I do remember the green bass!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In addition to writing for Guitar World, Nick works for Marshall amps as a new product developer. IIRC, he's also written some books.

After GR, he went on to play with Dave Lombardo in a band called Barfly that never released any albums. Since then he's not played in any bands but GR did a reunion show for the 2001 Wacken Open Air festival.

Besides the ESP from the Rock You To Hell video and the white Yamaha in the See You in Hell video Nick owns a few custom Jacksons that he still has. I'm not sure what he's playing in the Fear No Evil video, it may be one of the Jacksons...

As far as their best song... hands down "See You In Hell", the pre-debut demo version... awsome Thin-Lizzy style guitar harmonies in the chorus.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Good times! I have the "Best Of" cd and a couple other burned ones - can't remember right off hand. I'll have to take them with me to work tomorrow...

Comment

You guys would probably dig Steve's band Lionheart..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              If there are any ole' 80s metalheads out there,you remember Rock you to Hell by this band.Any young ens' need to listen to it if you have not yet.
              Does anyone know who the drummer was?
              Ever since I bought my mod 6 I feel drawn to play the old stuff again. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shit i'm 17 and love grim reaper! they're the good fucking shit!

I remember working out "see you in hell" the other day cause i wanted a new warm up song, lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Grim Reaper! That's hilarious! I remembered the "See You In Hell" song, so I picked up the guitar and had the progression down in about 5 seconds. It's scary that I remember how it goes!

-Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Hee hee, me too! I can still play it from memory.

BTW, the OP asked for the *drummer* on RYTH....that was Lee Harris.

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/grre.htm
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, the OP asked for the *drummer* on RYTH....that was Lee Harris.
                  http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/grre.htm

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I think BNR is wrong. No idea who Lee Harris is, but Mark Simon is listed and pictured inside my tape. There's no mention of a Lee Harris at all. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    No idea who Lee Harris is,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

He was the drummer who was with GR for most of its existence, and recorded the first 2 albums (See You In Hell and Fear No Evil), and - according to rockdetector - was part of GR's most familiar lineup. It looks like BNR mixed up the drummer's names; Simon only worked on RYTH.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"always do what mamma said, brush your teeth and go to bed"

-see you in hell my friends [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] take my hand, and by my command, you will fear no evil yeah yeah!
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Would anyone have some of their mp3s? I can't find anything about this band

Comment

Nick was also close buds with Dime. Are you sure the ML wasn't a Washburn? I think Dime gave him one like that as a gift.

Comment

Working...
                          X