Keel- Lay down the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keel- Lay down the law

Any one know if this release from 1984 was anygood?

Re: Keel- Lay down the law

Yeah, its killer.A couple of songs ended up on the right to rock.Its good rockin' for sure.I think Ron Keel is re-releasing it on a new label.As well as a Steeler rarities cd.That will have some live and studio unreleased Yngwie stuff, as well as some studio stuff with a guy named Kurt James that was recorded just months before forming Keel.

Lay down the law rocks, get it if you can.

Comment

Thanks bro.

Comment

I thought Ron Keel went country?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I thought Ron Keel went country?

[/ QUOTE ]

He Did...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

He traded in his pick up truck and this here acoustic..for the girls, hot rods, and the beach houses.

He's doing a bit of both these days in a skynard type band called Iron Horse.Theyre okay if you like southern rock.

Plans are in the works for a Keel reunion in the near future too bad Marc wont have his Camo

Comment

Wow! There's a band I forgot about. Saw Accept, Keel and Helix back in '85 at an old harbor warehouse-turned club where you had to be of legal drinking age to get in the pit in front of the stage; you could set your pitcher down on the front of the stage. One of Keel's guitarists had a broken leg in a cast and sat on a barstool in front of us and jammed. I kept his beer cup full throughout their set. Ahhh memories........... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I have the KEEL - "Lay down the law" vinyl record and it's not even open yet! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The plastic is still close.

Comment

LDTL was the best of the Keel releases...Highlights include "Born Ready, Princess of Illusion and the title song.

Comment

I saw keel on thier first tour with Loudness, they played some steeler and all of the righ to rock lp.I remember them doing princess of illusion. I think my favorite song of thiers is "Back to the city" I'm coming home.....Back to the city!!!

Comment

kurt james is an often overlooked guitar great from that era....he is like a cross between yngwie and holdsworth...

Comment

Th only stuff ive heard of Kurts was the Dr. Mastermind lp.I have a video of steeler with either him or Mitch Perry playing in it.I cant tell who, but Ron was playing a charvel V that looks alot like the one in the gallery with the gibson head. Black w/white sides. I cant remember if i gave that tape to bryan jay or not.

Comment

i saw kurt play at gazzaris once, he had a band called empire. there were about 8 people there on a thurs nite.he was ripping. i have this cassette of him screwing around on a 4 track, in the left channel he is doing the yngwie deal and the right channel holdsworth. i wonder what happened to him...
                          mitch perry was another good one too

Comment

He's playing guitar for the ex-anthrax singer from thier first lp, Neil Turbin.Ihavent heard the cd yet, but i hope to soon.

Comment

Talk about bringing back the memories. I owned a few Keel cassettes back in the high school days.

The bassist in my high school band could scream like Ron Keel but looked like Cronos, from Venom. He didn't get much ass with that combo. lol
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X