• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne has passed away

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=36540

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne has passed away

Man, that sucks! The 1st 2 Metal Church records kick major ass IMO! His singing style was very unique.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yea!
      I loved the album "The Dark" when it came out back in 80's
      Songs like "Start The Fire", "Watch The Children Pray" were killer songs..

Comment

The song "Metal Church" still melts my brain every time I hear it! I have all their stuff. I also like their stuff when Mike Howe was singing too - probably more than Dave's stuff. Geez I just said "stuff" alot... RIP Dave.

Comment

yeah, i really loved the first album. hitman is one of my all time fav's. the whole albums cool even highway star.
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This sucks
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              This sucks

[/ QUOTE ]
              +1 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Fuck. This really blows. Just got done listening to Watch the Children Pray. Two of the greatest metal screams of all time in that song - at 2:29 and 4:11 - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brilliant. Damn.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hmm. Aged 47. I wonder what it was that killed him.
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Fuck. This really blows. Just got done listening to Watch the Children Pray. Two of the greatest metal screams of all time in that song - at 2:29 and 4:11 - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brilliant. Damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That 1st scream always puts a chill down my spine!
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Noooooooooooo!!!!

I have the 1st album on my rotation still in my MP3 player for the gym. Dude'll be missed.

Another cool memory is that moss covered explorer sticking out of the swamp....
                      Explorers=Metal, Metal Church=FAce Ripping Old School Metal!

Man, I never thought I'd say it - 47 is too young to die [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

RIP
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

fuck..... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Here's a few pics of the church show I was at on 7-21-04 in corona,ca

Comment

Well, since I'm a Seattle area metal head this has hit the scene pretty hard up here. Lots of people are really bummed out by this and we're all kind of just searching for answers right now as to what exactly happened. He will be missed.

The rumor (and I stress rumor) is that this has something to do with a head on collision car accident he had a couple months back.

edit - Also to clarify for some people that might not be aware.. Wayne was not currently involved with Metal Church. The current singer is Ronny Munroe (formerly of Rottweiler)

Comment

This is terrible news. The first two Metal Church albums were always in my tape deck, way back when. Hippietim is right, those screams in "Watch..." are beyond classic...right up there with Ian Gillan's on "Highway Star" and Halford's in "Victim of Changes".

RIP dude.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X