X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Tour hear for you metal heads.

http://www.soundsoftheundergroundtour.com/index.html

Re: Good Tour hear for you metal heads.

There is four bands on that bill I'd like to see..

SYL / LOG / All that remains / and ummmmmmmmmm...ohhh my favorite live band...OPETH!!!

the other stuff I could do without...but alot of other people like 'em..

I'm not really into Metalcore and Stoner stuff...there is pretty good bands and players in that stuff..

I don't like the clean vocals in the Metalcore stuff..that whole back in forth...scream then sing out of key thing..and screa, again..

The metalcore stuff I think is great is a bit more metal I suppose like Lamb Of God , Himsa , All that Remains..

I'm diggin' Devin Townsend and Strapping Young Lad a lot lately because the drummer Gene Hoglan is a drum god..and Devin is certified nuts...he cracks me up.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and they have some very cool , fast slammin' grooves.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

but everyones favorite band gwar is playing (LOL) It should still be a good show, and i have to go out and support lamb of god since they are a local band for me.

Comment

finally....every time opeth hits my area the "paying gig band" i play for has a damn gig and i don't have a backup in place in case i can't make it. not this time. lamb of god is my favorite recent discovery so i'm pumped for that too. and i would really like to check out strapping young lad. heard a lot about them. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Hear the universe scream
        Bleeding from black holes
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

GWAR...COOL , I have NEVER seen them live before.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill have you seen Himsa's DVD yet? It's killer! I think you outta check out Darkest Hour too, I saw them like two weeks ago and they were great.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Bill have you seen Himsa's DVD yet? It's killer! I think you outta check out Darkest Hour too, I saw them like two weeks ago and they were great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darkest hour are a great band and very cool guys, they are always here in DC working the shows handing out stuff, not as much anymore now that they are getting exposure. But i have hung with them a few times and really cool guys.

Comment

I dig Darkest Hour too! "Hidden Hands Of A Sadist Nation" baybeeeeee!!!

I gotta go check this out! I'm friends with Carl from NORA, and he sent me the flyer for this weeks ago! Looks like it's gonna be a good time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Gwar...make sure you bring a raincoat...hehe

Comment

SYL is rather boring live. I've seen them twice. Devin is a decent guitarist, but his vocals are horrible. The only saving grace is seeing Gene play, IMO.

Opeth is tedious. I like their earlier albums, but their fanbase is waaaay to Mallcore fanboy for my liking.

The only reason I'd go to that concert is to see Gene play, but he doesn't really do anything impressive with SYL. He looks like he's going to fall asleep 80% of the time he's playing (in typical gene fashion).
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

cool...Darkest Hour...I will pick up their stuff..

I like SYL...but it is something I need to be in the mood for...

The last time I seen Opeth they were awesome and heavy as hell...that had to be the best "sounding" show I ever saw...or close to it...besides Trouble at the first BW & BK...Trouble played this year..but they wern't as awesome...very good ...but not awesome..

I can't waite to see GWAR..

Comment

Gwars music is not all that but they do put on a hell of a show I watched them 4 times at least 8-10 years ago and laughed my ass of the whole time
                        www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

I'd love to see Opeth live. While I'm a big metal head I do **really** enjoy Clutch. If you haven't seen Clutch....they have, IMO, a unique sound out of the rest of the bands.

Comment

I'd like to see this show, but I think all those metalcore bands will give me a splitting headache! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Heh, i saw gwar here in holland a few weeks ago, pic is of my mate kirb after the show [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

for those of you who think gwars music isn't all that, check out their latest album war party, it's got some decent tunes on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X