and for you system of a down fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: and for you system of a down fans

Spiders is off their first right...that was OK..

I got the new GW with the guitarist on the cover...why does he always have to look like a scared dweeb caught in the headlights..that is not a good look for him....somebody tell him to stop droppin the A... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Spiders is off their first right...that was OK..

I got the new GW with the guitarist on the cover...why does he always have to look like a scared dweeb caught in the headlights..that is not a good look for him....somebody tell him to stop droppin the A... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah spiders was on the first album. the guitarist also is suppose to have a really bad temper problem and explodes easy.

Comment

After enjoying the new album, I bought Toxicity yesterday. Yeee... kinda hard to listen to droptuned chug-a-lug crap to begin with, but this wasn't even "groovy," if you know what I mean. I like how in the new GW, Daron says that as he gets older he gets closer to standard tuning. Yeah, it's called maturity, kiddo. The foreign sounding vocals was really the only thing to recommend Toxicity, 'cause the song structure just isn't there.

Oh, well. The first few Voivod albums sucked all ass, too, and of course they turned out to become one of the best metal bands in the world.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          After enjoying the new album, I bought Toxicity yesterday. Yeee... kinda hard to listen to droptuned chug-a-lug crap to begin with, but this wasn't even "groovy," if you know what I mean. I like how in the new GW, Daron says that as he gets older he gets closer to standard tuning. Yeah, it's called maturity, kiddo. The foreign sounding vocals was really the only thing to recommend Toxicity, 'cause the song structure just isn't there.

Oh, well. The first few Voivod albums sucked all ass, too, and of course they turned out to become one of the best metal bands in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first album had alot of structure too, still dropped tune. The only thing i dont like about there new album is his tone went down since he started using the marshall 350's.

Comment

"the guitarist also is suppose to have a really bad temper problem and explodes easy."

Siggs ..he looks a bit too light in the ass to have a temper "problem" ..

One day he might discover that "problems" can end real quick..the hard way. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              "the guitarist also is suppose to have a really bad temper problem and explodes easy."

Siggs ..he looks a bit too light in the ass to have a temper "problem" ..

One day he might discover that "problems" can end real quick..the hard way. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He probaly has that short man syndrome, i think he is a really small guy. I have seen alot of people like him, always having to try to prove themselves and make themselves feel better for what they believe is a shortcoming.

Comment

Oh hell Siggs...we all know people like him.....I know people like that...they are here for my amusement.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was just starting to dig SOAD when they came out ...but found they were a little too political (on the wrong side of the fence) ..for me..

I love Lamb Of God....I REALLY REALLY like them...but that damn singer is the same way....good thing I can't understand half the things he's shouting...I just liksten to the grooves and riffs..

Exodus and Slayer is political too...but they like blood , chaos and mayhem like I do....so we're on the same page...blood and chaos and mayhem is what metal is to me...it is the soundtrack to my angst ... fire fire FIRE!!!!

Vietnam gave birth to Black Sabbath...it was a counter culture to all the happy , peace and love stuff...ir was perfect timing..that was the birth of metal..

for me metal and peace ...well they don't mix well...unless your Stryper.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

horns i agree, i tend to like to leave politics out of music. The sad part is they are expressing there own opinion on a bunch of people that take there word like it is gold. Half these bands that speak out about war do not even know all the facts and the open the there traps before knowing the truth or think about what they are saying.

Comment

I dig SOAD. I especially like the guitar riffs. Very unique. They also have very clear punchy guitar tone.
                    Even if a band has crappy songs as long as they have good guitar sound I am usually pretty happy.

Comment

Siggy...You're absolutely right man..

I hate when actors , singers and celebs try to be some kind of authority on politics...

Like Martin Sheen...remember that stupid campaign add.."I'm not the president , but I play one on TV"...

yeah...these people have clout...it's ridiculious.

but that's the way it is ...countless bands old and new are very political at times of war..from Black Sabbath to Bob Dylan to SOAD and LOG..oh well..

Comment

I agree, I hate when bands talk or sing about politics.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I really think Bruce "The Boss" Springstein is a tool , but I always did...But the people that were at the show thought he was a tool

I was never a fan of that dick anyways ..I ALWAYS thought he sucked ass ..but I know fans that did love him and can't stand him now..oh well...sometimes you can shoot yourself in the dick..that's too bad. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            No, they did not, the suckage came in much later.

Comment

Just got done reading the Rolling Stone article about them and the new disc. Daron (pronounced "Dah-Rone" in his native Armenian) is quite mental...he's the nuttiness behind the band as a whole. He smokes way too much pot (Bill may disagree with me on that) and apparently a "Sociopath" (sp?). He's a hermit who doesn't like to be seen in public, and has very few friends. Gets nervous around large groups of people, etc....the guy is nutty I tell ya!

Comment

It must be the pot then...because I'm the same friggin' way... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X