Gary Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore

This morning I was thinking about some of the guitar solos I have heard over the years that I thought REALLY said something...Like you could hear them talk, lol!

Not technical killers, but they just "fit"...Short (but very incomplete) list for me would include:
    -"Eruption"
    -Slide solo on the Allman Bros tune "End of the Line"
    -Randy Rhoads in "Revelation"
    -Hendrix's "Little Wing"
    -Mr. Big's "Just Take My Heart"
    ...And Gary Moore's "I'm Always Gonna Love You".

Gary Moore is who I was thinking about this morning..Most everyone knows Gary rips...I am not even sure I like this song, but the solo just kills me...I don't think he could have recorded anything more perfect for this song. (As a teen, I remember seeing this video once or twice...He was outside in the night-time during a pouring rainstorm playing some orange-ish/fiesta red colored strat (maybe a charvie!), broken strings, pained look, spot-lights, EVERYTHING!
    It rocked!
    Anyways, take a listen...

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...K0LIJCIBZ5DH92

I think this is another link after that one is spent
    http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...Q1A5UW0MRC7JN2

Dan

Re: Gary Moore

gotta love that corridors of power album... and that was a 61 or 63 strat.

Comment

yea, that whole album kicks much arse. As does it's follow up.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Corridors of Power is one of the greatest LPs ever recorded.

I rememebr paying big $ for the Import Version of it (probably $12 "back in the day"!!!).

The guitar sound, not to mention Gary's great playing, is spectacular.

A must for ANY guitar playing fan's collection!

When someone asks me about "who Gary Moore" is, this is the FIRST place I point them.
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

My favorite Gary Moore song is Still Got The Blues (for you) Talk about a "singing" guitar solo........... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            My favorite Gary Moore song is Still Got The Blues (for you) Talk about a "singing" guitar solo........... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent choice....

Parisian Walkways does the same for me......either the ROCK version or the BLUES version.

Thats my favorite Moore tune.
            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Gary's solos on Victims of the Future and Shapes of Things are brilliant.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Its kinda weird cause I usually prefer heavier stuff to bluesy stuff but with Gary Moore I really dont care much for his heavier stuff , I way prefer what he does to the blues. I like the fact that he just f-ing rips over it. He is one of the guys who, to me, makes the blues not boring,like most guys tend to. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

amen to all that has been said..

Comment

Gary was almost Ozzy's original guitarist...that would have been somethin'..

I been listening to Gary Moore longer than some of you been alive..

what's sad about that statement is ...it's true. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

+1 Bill. Gary Moore is a monster player.He's one of those guys that can make the guitar seem as it has its own voice.Very underated in my book.......................
                      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        My favorite Gary Moore song is Still Got The Blues (for you) Talk about a "singing" guitar solo...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a Gary Moore DVD (Blues & Ballads) (something like that), anyway, to watch him play Still Got The Blues will put you at the end of your seat. Amazing, and the first time I heard of him was about a year ago.
                        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

one thing I really like about Gary is that no matter what he plays, rock, blues, ballads and whatnot, he always sounds very agressive and tasty at the same time.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

as far as his ballads go, I don't think it gets any better than Parisienne Walkways, live on the Emerald Aisles video, when Phil Lynott came on stage to join him. Magic.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

When I bought "Still Got The Blues", when it was released in, what, '89, it was like magic. Somebody with the same approach to blues that I have, full on distorted ripping.

Of course, I am no Gary Moore...but I would love to be.

A great player. Tone to the bone and chops to match.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                              X