Gary Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gary Moore

Mike I absolutey agree with you. To be honest I can't play blues to save my life ..it was never what I listened to or did..ever. Most of the ones I worshipped ...worshipped blues players..hell , blues is the reason rock and a metal exist..

I have the VHS live tape of him with all the old bluesmen givin' props to Gary...and he comes out and wails...the guy has tremendous feel and fire..

Well He seems to doinf well with the blues stuff...and that it great...he's has to make a living and he's great at it...that's a no brainer..

but I connected with the "classic" balls out shredder Gary...that is what grabbed me..I took a lot from that ...that stuff has value to me..

I was really hoping with "Scars"..to be like the old stuff. It's more straight foward and a tad heavier but it's still Blues / Rock...it is great ...but I'm a grouchy old "metal" tool and gonzo shred monger.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, Bill...I really like shred and metal too. However, now that I am 35, the hands don't seem to listen to the brain as well as they did when I was 20...I just can't seem to build ludicrous speed anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I would love to be able to shred my balls off...but I just can't. So, I tend to stick with the slower, more emotional stuff like the blues. I love it all...but I can play what I can play. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Gotcha dude....I can't make my hands slow down...they sound retarded when I try....they do what they want to do...I have no control over it... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

"Damn you , give me back my hand"....a little Evil Dead 2 for ya.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

funny thing is that the more softer the music is, the more technically demanding it is. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
          X