Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win a Zakk Wylde chopper and custom guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win a Zakk Wylde chopper and custom guitar.

Thought some of you might want to enter.. Down Side is you have to mail in your entry..
    http://www.357customs.com/sawblade.php

Re: Win a Zakk Wylde chopper and custom guitar.

mweh, it's an epiphone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I don't ride bikes, but it looks cool..
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      mweh, it's an epiphone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I don't ride bikes, but it looks cool..

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me i have played the Epi's, and as a gibson player i had to say it but some of them play alot better then regular gibsons. I also like that it has the maple neck which is stronger and more accurate to his holy grail (as noodels says) guitar.

Comment

I don't like the Epi alteration of the Gibson "open-book" headstock [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
        (although there are older Japanese Epi LP's with the correct one, get one of these if you ever can)

I also had the ZW Epi, I just moved it because of this headstock-thing, but the playability/quality was ok for me

Comment

Les Pauls and maple necks do not mix.......EVER
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what i understand, Zakk's original les paul, the one he is afraid to take on the road now has a maple neck, so Tell that to zakk wylde they dont mix.

Comment

Yah, it sucks having to mail in your entry. The bike looks awesome and the guitar is alright though so it might be worth a shot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what i understand, Zakk's original les paul, the one he is afraid to take on the road now has a maple neck, so Tell that to zakk wylde they dont mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Maple neck thing is more of a bias towards the Norlin era than it is towards Zakk.... The Pancake bodies maple necks etc... still the Norlin era had some awesome guitars and the quality wasn't that bad (the Heritage guys came from that era and no one complains about Heritage's quality) Of popular Les Paul Players today who are Les Paul guys Adam Jones (Norlin) Zakk (Norlin) Slash (his first was a Nolin I read) and I think that the guy from the Darkness played a true Norlin Silverburst at some point. No doubt that the Norlin years were spotty but so were the late 90's (that is when PRS started taking a lot of PRS customers because of quality) so eh whatever
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Exactly. It was not dig at Zakk at all. He is a brilliant player. I am very nostalgic when it comes to Pauls and i could never warm up to the maple necks. I meant no slam at Siggy or anyone. Just a pesonal preference.
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

According to Zakk's website, Gibson is making another Buzzsaw for the contest, just to up the ante. Zakk has one, one lucky winner will have the other. I think I am going to enter.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        According to Zakk's website, Gibson is making another Buzzsaw for the contest, just to up the ante. Zakk has one, one lucky winner will have the other. I think I am going to enter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep the Gibson is up there now. Whoever wins that competition is one lucky fecker. It's a pity you've to mail in your entry

Comment

brb...gotta go buy a friggin' postcard....
                          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

i'll stick to sportbikes and jackson...ahahaha

Comment

HMm well my 76 LP custom has a maple neck and I love it. :P Besides Gibson has their own plant in china now for the Epi's the ones ive seen have been better fit and finish than the stuff Samick was making...
                              Gil

Comment

Working...
                              X