Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More 'Ryche? (Just cause i can;t get enough of it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More 'Ryche? (Just cause i can;t get enough of it)

Hey Guys, i was wondering if i could have your awesome advice.

I currently own the mandatory Mindcrime and my fav. Empire and Rage For Order. I have The Art Of Live too.

are there any other good suggestions for more of the 'Ryche? i wanted to see if the Warning was any good, too. any suggestions?

any general talk of my fav. hard rock band, in general?

p.s.-whatever happened to Spys4Darwin?

Re: More \'Ryche? (Just cause i can;t get enough of it)

Hear in the Now Fronteir has grown on me quite a bit, and so has promised land. The Warning is great, the first EP is great.

The Building Empires video is prety entertaining.

Comment

Re: More \'Ryche? (Just cause i can;t get enough of

Both the EP and The Warning are awesome. Hell, I remember when the EP first came out--"The Queen of the Reeeeeeeiiiiiiiiicccccchhhhhhh!" [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

the warning is great. very progressive. not really heavy, more moody and atmospheric....kind pink floyd-ish to me.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Warning is awesome. Take Hold Of The Flame is one of the greatest tunes ever.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Both the EP and The Warning are awesome. Hell, I remember when the EP first came out--"The Queen of the Reeeeeeeiiiiiiiiicccccchhhhhhh!" [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
            The EP is KICKASS !!
            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I love old Ryche. Just saw them Monday night with Priest

Sadly, I haven't enjoyed them very much since Empire. A hard one to top no doubt, but they have not done much for me since.

Comment

All the early stuff is great! I kinda lost interest in them after Promised Land. Hear In The Now Frontier and Q2K I thought were kinda lame, and I never bothered to get the last one, Tribe, or whatever it's called.
                The Live Evolution cd that came out in 2001 is actually very good, though, especially the first disc that's got the EP/Warning Suite and Rage/Mindcrime Suite. I've also got the VHS video (too bad I didn't have a dvd player back then).
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah, the thing that holds me back from Evolution is that they have Kelly Gray, right? I heard he wasn't very good, and i wasn't very impressed with Stone's work in Art of Live. In the jams with Dream Theatre, he just kind of bugged me...(and even though we don;t talk about fashion much, what was With that hair???)

i'll admit it, i'm just a diehard DeGarmo guy...i love his playing, he's tops, and Stone kind of butchered a little of it for me. but wilton was awesome. i'd love to find Operation: Livecrime.

Comment

Yep, Kelly Gray is on it, but I think he does a damn fine job! He's also, as I'm sure you're aware, a well-known producer in Seattle and recorded the album, too. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Basically, you should own everything up to and including Empire. After that, it's pretty spotty.

They do rule, though. That's why I added the Tri-ryche inlays to the guitar generator - sort of an homage.

Great live band; saw them on Rage for Order, Empire, Promised Land, and Hear in the Now Frontier.

Mindcrime II will be worth a lsiten as well.

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Mindcrime II is out in December I think. Can't wait.

Empire is and always will be my fav. because the sounds, the production, the overall feel and the songwriting is the best they've done, not to mention it has a lot of groove wich the earlier albums didn't have.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

To echo most everyone's opinion, I think that the EP and Warning were really great. I was lucky enough to see them on the Warning Tour in Brooklyn back in '84. They were different and stood out from alot of other bands back then.

Comment

Definitely get the EP and Warning. I haven't heard anything after Empire, so I can't comment on that stuff. Can't wait to see them with Priest!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions and information! Now i finally have more 'Ryche to pass on to my friends, to take over their stereo systems and pop in things other than Empire...though they have been brainwashed by Queensryche's amazingness...

Comment

Working...
                              X