Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More 'Ryche? (Just cause i can;t get enough of it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More \'Ryche? (Just cause i can;t get enough of

John said they played a bunch of newer stuff...and everyone was bored during those times of course..because it's "gay".

those people were there for METAL!!!!

the did play some of their classics very well...shame they don't get a clue and give the people what they want..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was fairly irritated, an interview I'd read said that it would be all old stuff. I know that they just came through and played Mindcrime. Then with Priest, they played mostly what I think was new stuff it seemed.

I'm familiar with Empire, Mindcrime, Rage for Order. So there is a possibility that what they played was REALLY old. Either way, it was a lame set and it seemed that most people had no idea what they were playing.

All I really remember old was Empire, Take Hold of the Flame, Queen of the Ryche, Seems they played Screaming in Digital... That was the only stuff that got a really good crowd reaction.

Overall, somewhat of a nothing really special show. Both bands were on the money really and playing quite well IMO. Guitar sound for both bands was excellent. Tate and Halford were VERY good as far as covering the material. It just seemed boring and no energy. I enjoy Halford solo MUCH more. Scott Travis was awesome as usual. Mike Stone was looking laughable with his Kerry King wannabee look and what appeared to be a mowhawk... Not exactly the image for Queensryche, haha... He plays well though...

It was great to see Priest in a huge arena again and they brought a massive light rig and stage set. Prolly never see that again. Priests massively large video screens they brought were in the fritz and rolled flashing green and black lines most of the show making me almost motion sick for a bit haha... They are so large and prominent that they were hard to tune out, thankfull after a while they shut them down, haha... Painkiller kicked major ass though

I can't say they put on a bad show at all, just not really exciting.

Comment

My $.02:

I loved the early 'Ryche

The EP is great....I have the original "206 Records" version.

Warning and Rage For Order are great metal records.

Mindcrime is just a masterpiece, plain and simple.

Empire made them a ton of $$ and i am happy for them, but it was a little made for MTV and made for corporate radio of the time. I do like the most of the songs and I think Tate still sings well on the album.

After that, they kind of lost me in the more prog stuff.

As for Tate's solo CD....i gotta agree with Horns....it is pretty crappy and half the time you cant even tell it is Tate, it's so ordinary and dull.

I'd still like to go see em with Priest tho.
        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Working...
        X