High Resolution pictures of guitar heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Resolution pictures of guitar heroes

I am decorating my new guitar room and was wondering if anybody had some high resolution pictures of Randy Rhoads, Vivian Campbell, Warren DeMartini, George Lynch, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Dimebag, or Yngwie. I want to frame some 8" x 10" pics and hang them in between my guitars. Thanks, Billy

Re: High Resolution pictures of guitar heroes

The best things you'll come by if you go to some rockphotography sites. Where you can buy high quality prints (real photo's) of photo's taken at rockconcerts and various promoshots.

Granted it'll cost ya, about $120 a pop, they're unsurpassable on feel and quality + the feeling of owning a real authentic photograph of the artist in question is really awesome. If the opportunity ever arrises, you can have it signed as well and put it back up on the wall: EVEN BETTER! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I am really looking to do this on the cheap side. I have seen some pictures on eBay ranging from $5.00 to $15.00 but nothing that really floats my boat. I was just hoping somedoby might have some decent old shots of some of these guys.

Comment

I would think that you'd have to find something by doing a Google search.

Comment

Look up Neil Zolowzer(sp) he is an Icon in rock photography.
          He has worked for all of the biggies over the years.

Good luck,

Adrian
          All hail the 'King'
          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Neil Zlowzower and Ross Halfin have great sites.

But you will get copyright logos on the pics you DL.

Do ebay searches too to buy a printed pic direct from a photographer.
            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

i know that neil zlozower ain't cheap; an 8x10 will run you 150, i believe. best bet is ebay, i'd say. also do a search for a photographer named jack lue. he's taken many pix of the people you're lookin for. annamarie disanto is another one you can check out.

if you're really goin for cheap, go with ebay.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if neil or ross have a free image download page on their sites (and i don't think that they do), so i apologize if i'm out of turn on this, but if you're just swiping pictures from someone's site, that's very uncool, not to mention theft. the copyright notices and watermarks on their images are there for their protection. not everything on the internet is free for you to take.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

also, the best dime photograps i've seen come from a guy named chad lee.
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Even if you are using them for your personal use? I thought as long as you weren't say, copying them and printing them out and selling on Ebay then it's ok. If i print out a photo and put it in a frame to hang on my wall, It's theft?
                    I personally would want an original anyway as i am a collector of vintage photos. Sometime you can get signed & numbered prints, which are very cool.
                    Not starting shit i just want to be clear.
                    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Definitely not trying to rip anyone off. I have been to a few of the sites suggested but they are quite pricey!! Some as high as $250 for an 8" x 10".

I have looked on eBay but nothing there really floats my boat. I have seen pictures posted on this forum of Dimebag and Randy that were cool and that is kinda what I was looking for. Couldn't find the Dimebag ones that I saw but I did find a few of Randy that I liked on a tribute site. Thanks guys for the help. Billy

Comment

I have a bunch of rare pictures I bought off a guy in my town for $1!! original photos.I got a bunch of motley crue early 80's,randy rhodes<--awesome photo,judas priest....scorps.....I blew em up 8 x 10 for free.brother used to work at rite aide. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if neil or ross have a free image download page on their sites (and i don't think that they do), so i apologize if i'm out of turn on this, but if you're just swiping pictures from someone's site, that's very uncool, not to mention theft. the copyright notices and watermarks on their images are there for their protection. not everything on the internet is free for you to take.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I said.
                          He wanted some good shots for his room (not to sell).

First of all, if those guys didnt want you to DL some pics on their site, they would not allow you to do so. It's not hard to set up a page so pics cant be DL'ed.

All the pics on Zloz's site are marked with his name across the bottom. They are also not the best of quality either as I am sure they have intended.

Unfortunately there is no way to BUY shots there, so i dont know how to go about buying a Zloz' print or prints.

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Yes there is man. You contact em and tell him you want to buy some photo's.
                            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

on a previous version of his site, he listed pricing, etc. i'd think that if anyone really wants to buy a print, they'd use the contact button and send an email.

i do kinda take issue with this:
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              First of all, if those guys didnt want you to DL some pics on their site, they would not allow you to do so

[/ QUOTE ]

while it may not be hard to set up a page blocking pix to be DL'ed, some people may not know how to do so. when it comes down to it, if someone wants a pic or an image bad enough, there's always a way to get it. nothing is fool proof. however, just because he may not have right-clicking disabled on his site doesn't make it okay to take the images from there. he has a right to display his work, and yeah, he can discourage it by having his copyright info on there, and having smaller, lo-res images on there.

i don't mean to come off all self-righteous, but i've just had a bit of this kind of thing go on with the robbin site; we ask for people not to take the images, and i came across a tribute page that had images that were taken right off of the robbin site. i can tell b/c many of those pix can't be found elsewhere, and the person who built the page used the original url links... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              because of that, the photogallery is down until i can redo it in a more protected manner. people do have the right to display their things without having them swiped by others. sadly, there is a mentality that if it's something that's displayed on their monitor, they have a right to take it.

/rant
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X