Adrian Smith white jackson strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith white jackson strat

I have to say that this guitar is one of my favs to have/make. What do you guys know of the specs??? apart from a super distortion and paf, what can you tell me?...

I think that I can do a preety good replica using a charvel model 3a, what u think?

Re: Adrian Smith white jackson strat

Sorry for the clasified part of the post, but i'm new at this...

no one here know's nothing of this guitar?

Comment

That guitar had more knobs on it then a gay tour bus to San Francisco! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I remember that it had a three way switch behind the floyd.Just saw the stranger in a stragneland vid he used it in.

If you use a model 3, you'll have to add a whole bunch of stuff mods wise.Would make a cool project.Good luck

Comment

the actual challenge would be finding out WTF he actualy HAS in there ... then getting the right parts, cos that thing is more than 20 years old and i can surely say that 85% of the doohikeys he has in there are discontinued lol .. but apart of that.. some split switches, series/paralel switches etc..
        i think everything you can think of as far as wireing goes is in there LOL
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

He has at least two white Strats... which one are you referring to?

Our very own Neilli has a GMW replica of the first one, except he put EMGs in that one.

Comment

not the one he plays backstage on RiR that's for sure [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Okay then, the second one. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] His synth guitar!!! As you said, figuring out what wiring and what components he actually has in there would be a pain... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pickups are most probably DiMarzio Super Distortions but I have no idea what the middle single coil would be. He RARELY ever uses anything besides the bridge pickup for his distorted sound in any song or solo.

Comment

It Scans, Faxes and Prints the notes for him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It Scans, Faxes and Prints the notes for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Iron Maiden Strathead Thread
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm actually talking about the one with the black pickguard.

Comment

Like NOTP says, a few years ago I had GMW make me a replica of the b/w strat - This was taken with my old camera and ain't the best picture but my PC is dead so I can't sort a new one just yet:

As for using a maple board 3A (if that's the one with a scratchplate), the main issue you'll have is the headstock. If you can live without a strathead, then it's just a case of a bit of routing for a neck hum, a new pickguard, replacing the JT6 with a floyd and you're more or less there....
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nice men, I actually talk to you one time about your guitar but that was a long time ago... what strat style neck can fit in to a 3a? anyone?

if you ever need to get rid of you guitar, please let me know!!!

PS:
                          just to know, how much did GMW ask you for making that guitar?

Comment

Not sure on the strat neck replacement, and sorry, this is one guitar that won't be going anywhere (unless I get to buy Adrian's original guitar!) From what I remember, the guitar was around $1400 but that was some years ago, and GMW will not do strat-heads any more...
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

That guitar had more knobs on it then a gay tour bus to San Francisco! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Good deals with:
                              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Working...
                              X