Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What amp does Manson use on Beautiful People?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What amp does Manson use on Beautiful People?

Be gentle, I know Manson has never had a good guitarist and couldn't know one should it come up and solo him in the face, but what amp is used on that song "The Beautiful People"? It is truly ripping!

Re: What amp does Manson use on Beautiful People?

I've read that this manson guy is using laney stuff, but really not sure if that's ALL he uses... sorry.
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Manson has had about four different guitarists, and the last one (who just left) was John5. John5 can play his ass off, and does use Laney. However, he was not the guitarist on that song.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Be gentle, I know Manson has never had a good guitarist and couldn't know one should it come up and solo him in the face,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] ...are you fucking high? go listen to john5's solo album and reread your post. [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

anyway, i have no idea what amps and stuff they used to record the antichrist superstar record, but yes, it's a great sound. you can probably get close with a rectifier, or a vht, or something else high gain-y and bass-y. manson's fucking great, and has had some pretty decent guitar players in his band. don't paint yourself in a musical corner by defining a good guitarist by the number of 32nd notes per minute.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think it's a Marshall, from what I remember reading years ago. The song's also got a very heavily gated sound. You can actually hear the noise gate closing if you listen closely.
          And every guitarist he's had has been very good and, like Noodles said, John Lowery (John 5) is a monster player! He's a well-known studio musician and has toured with kd lang, Rob Halford, David Lee Roth, Manson, some other people I can't think of offhand.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Totally irrelevant, but John 5's wife (I think they are married now) is HOT!!!!

Aria Giovanni [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

(And he is a really good player, has done a lot more than just the Manson gig...)

Comment

I thought it sounded like a Mesa. Do you think something like that could be acheived from an F series?

[ QUOTE ]
              are you fucking high? go listen to john5's solo album and reread your post

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check that out then. All that I've ever heard from John5 was what he did with Manson. I've yet to hear a good guitarist play on Manson's set. Then again, I haven't heard all of the Manson songs out there either. Apparently I misjudged him. I've always thought of Manson's crew to be more on the poser side, but could be wrong. It's happened before, a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
              don't paint yourself in a musical corner by defining a good guitarist by the number of 32nd notes per minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've got a bad habit of that. There are some that can do that but still don't win too much respect from me because of their lack of musical intuition. Check out Kerry King. Then there are some that keep a more simple approach to things but are greatly musical, such as on the song Progencies of the Great Apocolypse. That was an incredible song, but not very complicated on the guitars by any means.

Comment

never been a death metal fan, so i don't listen to slayer and the like. not putting it down, it's just not something i ever got into. but i've heard kerry's work on the beastie boys' licensed to ill records. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] if that's how he normally solos, then i'd say he the cc deville of death metal! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

John 5 (Lowery) is in fact a monster player just as Sully said. In the studio, we have what's left of an Ibanez he smashed at a Two show here years ago. The show was great, and the smashing brought a smile to my face too.
                  I thought he was a Marshall guy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    if that's how he normally solos, then i'd say he the cc deville of death metal! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

CC DeVille is an infinitely more talented player than Kerry King ... and I *like* Slayer. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Totally irrelevant, but John 5's wife (I think they are married now) is HOT!!!!

Aria Giovanni [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, she's a good bit better looking than he is that's for sure! LOL

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        never been a death metal fan, so i don't listen to slayer and the like.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Slayer isn't death metal. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Tom Araya actually has a hint of melody in his voice. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tom Araya can't growl...that's the only reason they're not death metal. He sucks.

I like reign in Blood...but that's about as far as it goes. Kerry King's solos are terrible.

Comment

Personaly, I think that King/Hanneman duo are pretty much underrated.
                            I never judge a player can't play it just because he doesn't play it. Slayer guys are known to have gone their own way and don't expect them to try to please or impress anybody. That's not the band.
                            If you watch their shows it seems that they easily could do other stuff, but that's simply not their choice. (Araya and King used to play in Top 40 bands if my memory serves me right). Sorry, if I'm too tipsy...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              never been a death metal fan, so i don't listen to slayer and the like.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Slayer isn't death metal. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Tom Araya actually has a hint of melody in his voice. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

they're not? i thought they were practically the godfathers of the stuff. oh well...either way, not stuff i ever got into.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X