Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What amp does Manson use on Beautiful People?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What amp does Manson use on Beautiful People?

[ QUOTE ]
    Kerry King blows, I've never heard any melody or finger vibrato from him, only random notes and whammy bar wanking.

[/ QUOTE ]

But random notes and whammy bar wanking are his unique style! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'll have to disagree with you all. Kerry King is a great player. He sounds like no one else out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Quoted for agreement. And I know quite a few working musicians who prefer Kerry's soloing over Jeff's.

For me, Slayer was always closer to death metal than thrash - but I kinda settled for just calling their style "Slayer".

Sorry to add another off-topic reply.

Comment

What's wrong with random notes and whammy bar wanking????

Kerry and Jeff nails every f**king note every f**king time I see them. They are the best live band I've seen and the deliver the goods every time.
        And believe me, I've seen a few bands in my days.

They rule and Slayer are one of the best bands ever!
        Go back and listen to "Seasons..." if you think they're DM.

JT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people like mlodys, some composition, something that makes sense, something that you can enjoy, something that the musician is made with a lot of work and a lot of emotion, something that is memoriable, something that is in tune, something that isn't unsynchronized slop, something that doesn't sound like a raped dog, something that isn't played with an attitude like "Who needs hard practicing, perfection is for pussys". [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people like mlodys, some composition, something that makes sense, something that you can enjoy, something that the musician is made with a lot of work and a lot of emotion, something that is memoriable, something that is in tune, something that isn't unsynchronized slop, something that doesn't sound like a raped dog, something that isn't played with an attitude like "Who needs hard practicing, perfection is for pussys". [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a heavy dose of some real Metal my friend! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Nothing wrong with a good guitarist but don't put it down 'cause you simply doesn't understand it.
            (I do it myself all the time so I shouldn't really comment but I'll do it anyway)

JT

Comment

AMPFARM/

Comment

@ Tornet, there were times when I listened real metal TOO MUCH, I was a HUGHE thrash fan, but Slayer never did it for me. And I understand perfectly what they do, I listen to some weird crap like Robert Fripp/King Crimson, Avant-Garde music etc. I like weird/unusual shit. Steve Vai is one of my fav players, he does weird shit all the time, but I just don't like what Kerry King does, he plays at his maximum limits, those guys who I listen play their weird stuff purpously. But I do understand why some people like King, that's ok, I perfer Alex and Marty.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Slayer is definitly bay area thrash metal (my favorite genre [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ). But Both King and Hanneman suck to no end, imho. Mindless wanking of chromatic scales and the 'devil' scale or wtf? I'd say the real perfectionists and in a bit also pioneers of Death Metal are morbid angel.

JOhn Lowery is in the same league imho. I do not think it was Lowery who played on Beautiful People though, so I guess the Laney is out of the question.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I was gonna say, I thought Twiggy Ramirez played guitar on that song, and I think he is pretty good. He has a really cool white San Dimas-era Jackson Rhoads with gold hardware and a Kahler. I think for amps he probably used Dual/Triple Recs (two channel) or Marshalls or something, which is what a lot of guys used back then.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    You are correct... Twiggy did play all the guitars and bass on that album; I just dug the cd out and checked. That was the first album that Scott Putesky (sp?) a/k/a Daisy Berkowitz, didn't play on. Zim Zum (whatever the hell his real name is) played guitar on the tour, John 5 came after him.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X