Def Leppard and Tesla Last nite-10th row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Def Leppard and Tesla Last nite-10th row

wow, this is good to hear, Tesla was one of those bands that I always liked but never got a chance to see live.
    I hope that they are coming to Boston this tour, I would love to see that show!
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Almost at the level of Boston live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, Boston was my very 1st arena concert. Saw them in Dallas for the Don't Look Back tour. I was able to get in for free cuz I was working concessions. Then years later, i saw 2 of the 8 shows they did in Worcester, MA for the Third Stage Tour. IIRC, it was pure dumb luck that I was able to find my car after the 2nd one.

(apologies for the hijack)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Showin' my age here also . Saw Def Leppard / Tesla on the Hysteria/Mechanical Resonance Tour in Belfast 1987 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] . Man , that's nearly 20 years ago !!
        Tesla blew them away that night . Mechanical Resonance is one of my favourite albums . I think I'll put it on now !!
        Tommy got a new Strat guitar delivered to him that day . We were speaking to him before the gig and he was really happy with the graphic on it . It was similar to the album cover . Anyone know that guitar ? Was it a Charvel ??

Mark
        Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Saw the Tesla/DL show in Minneapolis at the Met Center in the summer of 1988.

Add me to the "old fogies" list...

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

The Lepps kind of lost me on the albums after High & Dry. "Let It Go" is still one of the most amazing hard rock songs I've ever heard--but everything kinda turned to 'processed cheez' after that. Now Tesla, that's a good band, though I never did see them live back in the day.

Comment

i was there last night too. i thought tesla was great, but def leppard seemed weak in comparison. when they first came out they seemed so quiet compared to tesla. it got better though. my singer and i were talking about it on the way home and it seemed to us that the Hysteria materila seemed the weakest - like the band is sick of playing it.

the background vocals were great - better than joe elliot's voice. it was like he had no upper range left. dennis (my singer) was commenting on how he doesn't think joe will last the whole tour.

def leppard's guitar sound was so processed and echoed. it sounded to me like they were still using rockman stuff...especially phil. his sound reeked of a rockman sustainor with a rockman chorus unit.

still it was a great show and def leppard's lights were kick ass. i am very glad i went - even though i don't like them!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Showin' my age here also . Saw Def Leppard / Tesla on the Hysteria/Mechanical Resonance Tour in Belfast 1987 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] . Man , that's nearly 20 years ago !!
                Tesla blew them away that night . Mechanical Resonance is one of my favourite albums . I think I'll put it on now !!
                Tommy got a new Strat guitar delivered to him that day . We were speaking to him before the gig and he was really happy with the graphic on it . It was similar to the album cover . Anyone know that guitar ? Was it a Charvel ??

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

OK understand i was a huge crue fan back in the day, was my favorite band growing up as a young punk. Anyway i saw tesla open up for them on the feelgood tour, and i just remember thinking how Tesla blew the crue away! They didnt have the huge light show, but they sounded awesome and had great stage presense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

OK understand i was a huge crue fan back in the day, was my favorite band growing up as a young punk. Anyway i saw tesla open up for them on the feelgood tour, and i just remember thinking how Tesla blew the crue away! They didnt have the huge light show, but they sounded awesome and had great stage presense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is because they are good musicians. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just kidding. I actually saw Vince in a little shitty bar in Slidell a couple of years ago. Aside from being fat, he kicked ass. It wasn't "sad" at all...because to me it was like a little side fun that Vince was having. His band was pretty damn good too. Don't remember who was playing guitar but he was good...if I remember correctly...I was a bit toasted. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Brooks has a few pics of Phil playing that San Dimas guitar up on his site
                    http://www.brooksguitarworld.com/whats_new.html
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen! Saw Motley in 85' on the Theatre of Pain Tour at Alpine Valley, WI. (Place where SRV died in helicopter crash). Loudness(One of my favorite 80's bands....Akira fuckin slays) opened for them and kicked their ass musically. Motley were better showman, but no comparison as far as musicianship. Saw Motley again on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour in 87' with Whitesnake opening. Another killer show but Motley got their asses handed to them again.
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen! Saw Motley in 85' on the Theatre of Pain Tour at Alpine Valley, WI. (Place where SRV died in helicopter crash). Loudness(One of my favorite 80's bands....Akira fuckin slays) opened for them and kicked their ass musically. Motley were better showman, but no comparison as far as musicianship. Saw Motley again on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour in 87' with Whitesnake opening. Another killer show but Motley got their asses handed to them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i saw that girls girls girls too, musician wise whitesnake blew them away, however sound wise and show wise motley crue was so much better, i thought whitesnake kinda lacked in there onstage presense. But now with tesla, they didnt have the big lights, but they put on a great show as well as sounded and played great.

Comment

oh yeah i am kinda depressed, checked tour dates for tesla and they have nothing for the DC area right now, i would really love to see them again.

Comment

Been watching the Tesla schedule for almost a year now. If they would come within a decent four hour drive I'd go see them. Damn it all living in the sticks. I had a chance to see Def Lep with Bryan Adams this summer, but I just can't live with myself if I had to say I saw Bryan Adams live.

I passed on that show, and instead have tickets to see Cinderella, Ratt, Quiet Riot, and Firehouse at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach next month. What a great excuse to go to the beach! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool. I have tics to DefLep and Bryan Adams in a few weeks. And, flame away, but I've always like Bryan Adams, too. His long-time guitarist (Keith something???) has good chops.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                And, flame away, but I've always like Bryan Adams, too. His long-time guitarist (Keith something???) has good chops.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                pfftt.. I saw them in Forest National (Brussels) to please my ex on the "Room Service" tour.. not the same as in the 80's when I saw them -voluntarily- in Werchter, I think Keith is the only surviving member of the group.
                                The Lepps were never that big in Europe, and since Steve died I don't follow them anymore.. I can't remember the last time they weren in the BeNeLux.

Comment

Working...
                                X