Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring on the Flaming, why doesnt anyone like CC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Poison fans only

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    OH boy, i am not even gonna comment, but guys be nice to hippie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it on. Don't hold back. I'm a big boy - I can take it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saying, we are trying to keep this thread about liking glam metal and not putting down bands that you personaly did not like. We are trying to keep on track here, i have derailed it once and got my ass burned, i still think it is smoking a little!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      CC was a cool dude who played Chuck Berry licks really fucking loud - that gets him my respect [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah. That's probably good enough for C.C. as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. You can't beat the patented Chucky Berry Johnny B. Goode lick. I play that fucker all the time.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

oh. my bad. carry on folks. don't mind me. nothing to see here.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yes , Timmy I agree..I don't like any of those bands you mentioned..so we are on the same page for sure..

OK , would it be better if I said I think CC is OK...but I hate Poison..

it's way too happy...I'm NOT that happy ..well when I'm high I'm happy , or when I'm shootin' my goo...but when I'm happy DEATH metal makes me happier..

Poison is the antithesis of death metal or plain ol' regular metal...I get all homophobic when I hear Poison... LOL!

and yes yes...carry on...carry on ya bastids...Timmy made me do it.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Honestly CC is OK...but he pales in comparison to his peers of the genre...Andy Timmons , Vitto Bratta , Steve Stevens , Nuno , Harry Cody , Gilbert ..his replacements Blues Saraceno or Ritchie Kotzen ..well you get the pic...why listen to CC...when I can listen to all those sonsofbiotches..that's what I'm saying

Life is too short for mediocre ...put on the best of the best...oh hell yes!

See Tim...we don't like White Lion...but Vitto was pretty friggin' good!

I don't like Danger Danger...but Andy Timmons is very good.

I don't like Mr. Big (most of it)...but Gilbert smokes!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I usually find something I like about every genre of music. The one exception is Grunge. Lot's of glam stuff is cool. I guess it sort of depends on what you consider glam though. Glam to me was always Bowie, Kiss, etc. I've put Poison in the hair metal category. In my mind they were one of the last bands that came out of the 80's that was kind of cool in some way. There were some cool pop bands in the 80's too. I know I'll get hammered hard for this but I like a lot of the so-called new wave and pop stuff from back then.

- Newc

Comment

I'm with you all over the place. I was serious when I said I like Michael Jackson 'off the wall' and Billy Ocean. I play that alongside Iced Earth 'Stormrider' and a little johnny cash 'ring of fire'

My musical taste will give you whiplash. I think the best album from Judas Priest was Point of Entry and the Best Album of the 21st Century so far is Slayer's God Hates us All, but I have a mix album of the cure and OMD with New Order in my CD player right now.

I envy the dude from the Fixx cause his Roland JC120 is tight! and listen to that crap all the time but I own a JCM800 and the gain is never set below 8.

I am retarded and I like what I like!

PS: CC DeVille Rules, and Poison is pretty kewl too!
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

man...Tim...I agree dude.

Glam to me was Bowie , Sweet , Angel , Kiss , New York Dolls , T Rex ..I'm an old fart!

I have to give kudos to Motley Crue when they first came out...they were special...I thought Poison was just jumping on their bandwagon...a cheap imitation to be honest..as soon as I saw LWTCDI album cover man I was disturbed...I mean Glam was ...dirty , tongue in cheek ...these puds were drag queens..

There would be no poison if there was no Motley Crue...they stole from them...especially during thier theatre of tragedy look..but MC had substance ...they were solid in their own right...Mick Mars was nothing great on guitar BUT he had identity that was his own...tone , playing and song writing...I give him credit for that.

CC was OK...that's it...in the big picture of the 80's glam and shred world ...he was a drop in the bucket..

if I want to hear Chuck Berry style with finesse and flair with fire...give me Brian Setzer anytime..even though he was more like Scotty Moore and such..

I seen CC when "metal" wasn't doin so good a few years back...he gave up...got to about 225lbs and looked a mess..he may be a cool dude and he probably is...but as a guitarist in the infinite sea of guitarists...he's average at best.

don't ya think....I can't see how anyone can't see that [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]????

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

totally agree on the MC thing, bill. when i first saw a pic of kiss in 16 magazine, i was in awe. granted, i was 7, but that's also part of why i was so drawn to it. they were like superheros.

i saw a pic of nikki sixx in a bc rich ad with lita ford and blackie lawless when i was 12, and i got that same feeling. they were just cool as all hell.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Horns, I agree. When I saw Motley Crue I had never even considered that could exist. The Shout at the devil and first EP/Album kicked some ass and were angry!

Then two years later, Poison came along and they were all fun. But by then, motley went soft (theatre of pain?), RATT's last bad ass album and VH broke up and came out with Sammy. Judas Priest had synths- it was all going to get snatch and I don't know what happened next because I got REALLY jacked up, but I went to college and girls love warrant/slaughter/skid row...

Ecstacy and the club scene were big. The Normal, When in Rome, Information Society.....

I woke up and I was a sysadmin at a religious hospital [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Bill, the two best Chuck Berry riffers are Keef of course and then on steroids it's gotta be Nugent.

- Newc

Comment

Yes Sully...Lita Ford in 82 "out for blood" kicked ass...yeah she was "glamerous" but she had claws and 'tude...and those sonds RIPPED on that album!!!!!

same with Crue...man look at SATD...I thought they were Satan worshippers...skulls , pentagrams...the works...the songs kicked ass...BASTARD...RED HOT...fuck yeah!!!!!

I stared at that album cover and lyrics in a THC stupor many a hour..that was a REAL ROCK band!!!!

I'm picky when it comes to metal or music...I own over 6000 metal cds...I have no friggin' room for POISON ..taking up my precious space....hell NO!

my space is reserved for the best of the best....and that doesn't warrant poison...pun intended.

Comment

"Bill, the two best Chuck Berry riffers are Keef of course and then on steroids it's gotta be Nugent."

Oh hell yeahhh ..The Nuge is Chuck Berry on Steroids...and in a straight jacket...how can't you love that!

Ted AND Marty McFly...he was awesome before Chuck Berry...Chuck Berry stole everything from Marty McFly!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

OK guys ...I gotta go and bang the wife now....so have fun...and don't take what I say too damn seriously...because I don't! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

• Re: Bring on the Flaming, why doesnt anyone like C

Man, I keep reading CC, who is CC??????? you all just say CC!!11!

Comment

CC ...I dunno...I think it stands for..Captain Cock or somethin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I ask a question and I got all this [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

this board rocks
                                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                                X