Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson A&R improving?

Guys,
    Is it me or are we slowly seeing more artists using Jacksons nowadays?

I just watched half of the TV footage from the Download festival, and along with Jim Root's strathead Charvel, the guy from Trivium had a Black Ghost Flame KV2 and the guy from Bullet for my Valentine had a RR1.

I appreciate this isn't exactly a brand swamping, but at least they didn't have ESPs and I didn't notice a single PRS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, Phil from Machinehead is now on the front page of the Jackson site with his KV2 - he's played them for ages, so it's good to see him up there.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Jackson A&R improving?

Kride from norther...
    I saw him on a Jackson ad and was shocked. IT's great to see mediumsized finnish bands get recognition!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Kride from norther...
      I saw him on a Jackson ad and was shocked. IT's great to see mediumsized finnish bands get recognition!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familiar with Norther. What are they like?

Comment

General direction of CoB or Wintersun, IIRC (haven´t yet heard them myself) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Norther are finnish melodic death metal..

the first CD had a very big black metal influence on it. The 2nd (Mirror Of MadnesS) is a lot more mid-paced and has better solos and is a lot more melodic. The 3rd (Death Unlimited) was a shitload darker with more sorta ballsy riffs and cool solos. The new EP is fucking good too it's a faster thrashier CD.

Recomendations:

Dreams Of Endless War - REeleased
          Mirror Of Madness - Midnight Walker
          Death Unlimited - Death Unlimited
          Solution 7 - Hellhole

Comment

Heres the problem, an no offence guys, but the guys endorsing Jackson dont even go Gold for the most part with a few exceptions.No one outside of the underground knows "norther". If what you want is for jackson to be huge again, then you need to get these guitars in the hands of popular bands.Bands that get kids by the hundreds to pick up the guitar.

That being said, i like the underground bands from back in the day so i understand the mindset involved.When guys complain about no one playing jacksons, this would be a big reason why.Its not because they dont rock, because we all know they do. look what happened to PRS after Creed got huge.Or les pauls after guns n roses broke out.Its the same thing.One big name can sell more then 50 death metal guitarists can.

Slipnot is big, but they are not as big as they were 4 years ago.Im sure a few kids will want charvels.Not groundbreaking though.

Comment

If The Hives, The Strokes and other bands like that start playing with Jacksons I would shit myself.

But there aren't any BIG hard rocking bands right now, Nu-Metal isn't so popular anymore, metalcore and emo never will be so huge as Nu was. If Tremonti starts playing with Jackson, that would be good, or Britney. That's about it.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, i know, i was racking my brain to think of one and couldnt come up with anyone.

Comment

Why do you guys really want Jackson to become popular? Wouldn't that also raise the prices of both used and new Jacksons? I hope that is not happening any soon.

Comment

You guys ever hear of a dude with the initials EVH? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, but he's not getting new kids to buy guitars, just us young at heart with disposible cash.Plus they were talking jacksons. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        You guys ever hear of a dude with the initials EVH? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] You mean Edgar Victor Hernandez? The guy that was selling his striped corn dogs on ebay? Yeah, I've heard of him. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Heres the problem, an no offence guys, but the guys endorsing Jackson dont even go Gold for the most part with a few exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these 'underground bands that don't ever go gold' are what is selling Jacksons these days.

The thing that you fail to recognize is that a larger percentage of people who listen to this type of music are more inclined to play than a bunch of JLo/Backstreet Boys/Hansen fans.

Name ANY guitar oriented music doing better than underground Metal right now. Look at the last Ozzfest... they're full of bands that you would consider 'underground bands that never went gold' a year or two ago.

Perhaps you're wishing for Glam to go back in style?? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yes we want Glam back
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

We do? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X