X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metallica\'s sound

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Like Mr Keel, i have a feeling in the next ten years you will be seeing James putting out a country album or southern rock album, will i put him down for it, hell no, it is what he digs so more power to him!

[/ QUOTE ]
    And we'll know when he does, because he'll change his name to Jamie Lee Hetfield. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we are ok for now, no reports of him moving to West Virginia yet and trying to pick up relatives at a family reunion. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Inbred Jed. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Hey GOR, this isnt a friendly Metallica or ESP board when you bring one of the two up you are going to get alot of crap you dont want to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah unfortunaly there are alot of people on this board that have problems when an artist grows musically and there personal taste changes.

I have nothing againt you if you are a throw back from the music you are so fond of when you grew up, however do not put down other peoples music just because you dont like it or relate to it!

It seems alot of people on this board have become there parents, they do the same thing there parents did, put down the music that they dont like and cant understand why anyone would like it.

I am personaly not a big fan of metallicas newer stuff, but that is only because i am not that much of a metal head anymore and my music tastes started to change when metallicas did, they went one direction and i went another. However i do not put them down, they made music that was right for them at the time and i respect there attitude of we make music that reflects how we feel.

Like Mr Keel, i have a feeling in the next ten years you will be seeing James putting out a country album or southern rock album, will i put him down for it, hell no, it is what he digs so more power to him!

[/ QUOTE ]

St anger was not a chance in tastes, St Anger was a chance in mental status.

Comment

Chance?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Hey GOR, this isnt a friendly Metallica or ESP board when you bring one of the two up you are going to get alot of crap you dont want to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah unfortunaly there are alot of people on this board that have problems when an artist grows musically and there personal taste changes.

I have nothing againt you if you are a throw back from the music you are so fond of when you grew up, however do not put down other peoples music just because you dont like it or relate to it!

It seems alot of people on this board have become there parents, they do the same thing there parents did, put down the music that they dont like and cant understand why anyone would like it.

I am personaly not a big fan of metallicas newer stuff, but that is only because i am not that much of a metal head anymore and my music tastes started to change when metallicas did, they went one direction and i went another. However i do not put them down, they made music that was right for them at the time and i respect there attitude of we make music that reflects how we feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

St anger was not a chance in tastes, St Anger was a chance in mental status.

[/ QUOTE ]

St Anger was them pissed off at each other, i actually would have loved the album if it wasnt for that damn snare drum lars used, just sounded to cheap/toyish to me!

Comment

Actually Saint Anger was them happy together and using aggression to turn out music with a positive message. Showing you don't need negative shit to make aggressive music.

I don't like the album that much either. The songs are just as repetitive as can be and that snare is annoying as hell. I do however appreciate the live DVD version of the album, that's grooving.
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

my friends have goten some good laughs at the st anger singles for sure, and many times pondered who the hell mixed that album with that snare..... it really is covering up all of the good things if there are any.

chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Chance?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  typo sue me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yup. Mostly because of the obvious pedalsound on the entire album, he says pedaldistortion just sits on top and sounds like cheap fuzz.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know ive heard james say he hates having to rely on pedals for a main tone, but ive certainly never heard him ever say he hated the RTL tone. in fact, he said that when they were making AJFA they wanted to get the power of RTL's tone mixed with the rawness of the Garage Days EP tone. AJFA, on the other hand, all of the band talks sh*t about all the time

Comment

It was the power of the MOP tone with the rawness of Garage Days. He ended up drying the ajfa too much.

Because 'MOP' was so in your face and 'Garage Days' was so real and raw.

Please,... I know my shit! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

was it MOP? damn. im getting confused in my old age or something

Comment

Yup it was puppets.

Comment

Working...
                          X