Priest/Queensryche -Boo!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Priest/Queensryche -Boo!!!!

i sas them last night here in tampa and they were great - QR left me very flat. i only recognized 1 song (empire). if they played something off mindcrime i missed it. i like the band - but to be honest - i was bored with them.

priest was awesome, to the original point - all the costume changes got old, we must remember he's out of the closet and obviously likes clothes. the last time i saw them was during the turbo tour. they were great then, and they were great last night. i miss old school rock. it was such a breath of fresh air hearing all the old tunes. and totheir credit they played 4 songs off the new cd....

if you get the chance to see them - i highly recommend it.

Comment

Queensryche hasn't moved me since OPERATION MINDCRIME and the dvd version of that tour called OPERATION LIVECRIME.I'm kind of scared to see what the new one will sound like,if it will live up to the original.

Comment

I haven't seen Priest this year, but last year they were great. True, Rob was a little old and stiff in his body language, and he did rely on resonators and some vocal effects to extend his capabilities, but he was still impressive nonetheless. Glen and KK look really OLD, but they still play great guitar, and did well. Ian Hill is losing his hair badly, and has a "skullet", but he's pretty much the same reliable fixture on bass that he is. I'm not a fan of Scott Travis, but he is better in legal situations involving little boys..lol

Queensryche was great during Mindcrime back in 88. I saw them twice that tour. They died after that IMHO. I think trying to recapture their peak with a Mindcrime 2 sequel is a desperate attempt to stave off oblivion. Next stop...Puppet show and Queensryche.

Comment

towards the end of the show,in between songs, ian hill was coming down the steps and missed the next to last one. Boom, on his ass he goes, bass flew to the left. pretty funny. stage hand ran out and helped him up. all i could think was, oh crap - he broke a hip. he was a trooper though, he got up got a new bass and kept on playing.

and yes - halford was stiff as SHIT...

Comment

I'm not putting preist down it sounded great but we kept looking at each other going Rob??? You could hear him but you could not see him-Hell I thought he was all Fu@ked up on drugs or something-I know he's getting pretty old but my great grandmother (93) God rest her soul-she could have run circle's around Rob...As far as being old and stiff he did not look it on the tv show battle for ossfest but maybe I wasn't paying that much attention to him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Next stop...Puppet show and Queensryche.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I saw Priest at Ozzfest last summer here in LA, 21st row and they rocked the hell outta that place! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think they have a new tune 'Financial Liquidity' coming out on mindcrime II [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I saw Queensryche in 1983 when they opened for Dio - Holy Diver... They were good then, but I didn't particularly like their music after their first 4-song debut thing...

Funny, they had a double bass drummer back then, and they were REALLY fast. Almost speed metal-ish. They were all dressed in leather and acted like Judas Priest. heh

Wow... I'm freaking old. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, their first hit was Queen of the Reich, which was pretty much speed metal riffs. We're talking 1983 here, so I must be old also! I remember when that EP first came out, that was before I had even heard of 'Tallica! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW Scott Rockenfield *is* the original drummer!

Comment

Other songs on their EP if I recall were Lady Wore Black and Take Hold of the Flame. I liked them when they first came out but afterwards they got a little too "what would Pink Floyd sound like if they did metal" for me.

Comment

take hold of the flame is on "the warning". that's a great album, but it is like pink floyd does metal!!!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

and yes - halford was stiff as SHIT...

[/ QUOTE ]

um..........i'm not going to ask HOW you knew that, not that theres anything wrong with that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have been seeing Priest since 1976 when they opened for Kiss. I just recently saw them and I thought they ripped huge. The music was dead on, Tipton played better than ever and Halfords stage show and vocals were outstanding. He had the entire arena rocking. It was an incredible performance.
                            He did go off stage for 1 costume change before he came out in the chrome for Hell Bent For Leather but the band was rocking so hard he wasn't missed. Also, he did have alot of delay hold effects on his vocals for some of the super high long notes but he used that delay trick back in the 70's and 80's too. I can't imagine anybody walking out of that concert until it was over.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Other songs on their EP if I recall were Lady Wore Black and

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Queen Of The Reich
                              2. Nightrider
                              3. Blinded
                              4. The Lady Wore Black
                              5. Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Yeah, their first hit was Queen of the Reich, which was pretty much speed metal riffs. We're talking 1983 here, so I must be old also! I remember when that EP first came out, that was before I had even heard of 'Tallica! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the beginning of 1983, Kirk Hammet was still in Exodus, Dave Mustaine just got kicked out of Metallica, I hadn't seen either of them but knew of them, and Queensryche was still more road warrior rock than glam. lol

Viv ripped it up at that show though. I still have the ticket stub somewhere. haha
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X