Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: today i got the new megadeth cd!

[ QUOTE ]

Ellefson was the first bassist. Dave's apartment was above Ellefson's, and Elf would come by and ask if he could help them buy beer (since he and his buddy were 18).
    While Mustaine may have auditioned other bassists before settling on Junior, all that matters is who made it to the first record, and that was Dave Ellefson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, the technical answer to the OP question is Matt Kisselstein, he was in the band and doing rehearsals before Junior. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like Megadeth but I think Friedman is a bit over-rated. I'd say Poland is the best of the Megadeth guitarists.

Comment

^^^^^

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

On the issue of Glenn Drover:

Sure he is not Marty, but his playing style is completely different. His playing style is far more akin to Chris Poland than any other Megadeth guitarist: Fast, clear and fluid. Yeah, he doesnt nail the other guys solos, but i dont think he tries. I for one would rather see a guitarist put their own mark on someone elses solos rather than hit them note for note. Ive heard his stuff in King Diamond and Eidolon and whilst the solos arent always to my taste, he is a damn good player.

Im just relieved Al Pitrelli isnt back in the band, he just didnt fit in. Sure he had the air of "rockstar" about him, but his playing always went back to the same phrases, and he seemed to be at playing at his limit.

Comment

"LOL, NO, sorry, Dave going out and hiring 3 hacks all at once last year is not even close to gradual lineup changes over the space of 15 yrs."

FUCK THAT SHIT.,..John and I know and hung out with the Drover's at John's house...Glen is fucking AWESOME ...I like his playing and song writing better than anything Marty ever did or will do...and I have all of Marty's music....great player but he is lame is the writing department...compared to Drover..

Eidolon SMOKES...their weakest link was always the vocals ...and Drover covered all those near impossible solos with King Diamond to a friggin' T...when he was with him..

I understand your appreciation for Marty...but calling Glen Drover a "Hack" is where I draw the line..

can YOU do better!!!???

I fucking doubt it..put up or shut the fuck up! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Hack"...fuck That!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Poland WAS very good with 'deth...but have you heard that tool lately with Ohm , Damn the machine and his solo poop...TSHF has him on it...I heard NOTHING that impressive..not like Drover's shit..not to my ears!

Nothing personal here man..I am just sticking up for one hell of a throwdown player in this game!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Poland WAS very good with 'deth...but have you heard that tool lately with Ohm , Damn the machine and his solo poop...TSHF has him on it...I heard NOTHING that impressive..not like Drover's shit..not to my ears!

Nothing personal here man..I am just sticking up for one hell of a throwdown player in this game!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah maybe that was not the best choice of words. and I don't doubt they are good players. it was more the "I'm Dave Mustaine and I'm gonna hire 3 guys all at once and call it Megadeth" thing that I was taking issue with.
              [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Dude , check out Eidolon...that dude is kick ass!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

He's a little dry though in his personality...his bro shawn is more outgoing...Glen always looks like a sour puss..but damn he can play!!!!

But I forgive you .....this time!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i saw the music video today holy wars... the punishment one there was mustain and who was the other guitarist he was playing a kelly.

Comment

The legendary Friedman. The model is called KE-1 and it is no longer produced. Although every once in a while one pops up on ebay and they can be had for under 1k USD.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah maybe that was not the best choice of words. and I don't doubt they are good players. it was more the "I'm Dave Mustaine and I'm gonna hire 3 guys all at once and call it Megadeth" thing that I was taking issue with.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i definately know what you mean about this kinda thing. has anyone else seen the "die dead enough" video? all it is is dave sitting in a chair playing guitar and singing. the other band members had long since been onboard, dave was just the only one in the vid (damn cool song though).

and speaking of videos, has anybody watched the dvd that came with the new greatest hits yet? i have almost all the albums, so this dvd part would be the only think i would buy it for

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        has anyone else seen the "die dead enough" video? all it is is dave sitting in a chair playing guitar and singing. the other band members had long since been onboard, dave was just the only one in the vid.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Actually you got it wrong there. That video was filmed before Mustaine got the chance to stabilize the new touring line-up, as it was filmed pretty much before or right after the release of the album. None of the players in the toruing line-up actually played on the album. In the video after that(Of Mice and Men), you can see the current touring line-up playing. So no that argument doesn't have a base to it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          and speaking of videos, has anybody watched the dvd that came with the new greatest hits yet? i have almost all the albums, so this dvd part would be the only think i would buy it for

[/ QUOTE ]

I rented it from Netflix, and I'm glad I did. It only has six videos on it! Peace Sells, Anarchy in the UK (why?!?), Hangar 18, Symphony of Destruction, Train of Consequences, and Trust.

That's it, nothing else on the disk at all. Very lame...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            has anyone else seen the "die dead enough" video? all it is is dave sitting in a chair playing guitar and singing. the other band members had long since been onboard, dave was just the only one in the vid.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Actually you got it wrong there. That video was filmed before Mustaine got the chance to stabilize the new touring line-up, as it was filmed pretty much before or right after the release of the album. None of the players in the toruing line-up actually played on the album. In the video after that(Of Mice and Men), you can see the current touring line-up playing. So no that argument doesn't have a base to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

crap. haha. it was at least released long after, so that kinda gives a false impression then. oh well, my mistake

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I don't need it...I have the entire Megadeth catalog..EXCEPT for "risk" no way I'm going to contaminate my awesme collection with that dung.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

You should ahve bought the special edition with the DVD of live footage from the fillmore.Some nice kellys being played by marty.I love the white one pickup kelly.

Comment

Working...
                                X