Saw Whitesnake last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saw Whitesnake last night!

Octavio, that is what Marco told me when he was out with Soul Sirkus, that David wanted him to stay at home, and that he needs to make a living.Coverdale and Sykes tried to reconcile .It didnt work out, then he met Aldrich and he just couldnt see working with Sykes and his ego when he could work with doug instead.Doug has just as much chops, gfreat song writing skills and is a cool kat to boot.Not even a question as to who he'd rather work with.He wouldnt be offered any different money just because Sykes would be on board.Its not 1986-87 anymore and while they could write a great record , i think with Doug it will be just as good.

Comment

hmm Doug is awsome but his songwriting skills are nothing like Sykes'. John is one of the most talented songwriters ever in my book. He wrote one of the greatest albums in rock history.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I agree that sykes writes good songs, so does doug but without the ego of Sykes.Sykes was up for the Def Leppard Gig and lost it due to his ego.I saw Sykes with Thin Lizzy a few years ago, i would like to see them do something or blue murder.Whitesnake is Coverdale.ALways has been always will be.Two big egos with not enough money being offered to make amends.If there was Motley Crue money being offered(Crue are supposed to make 100, yea 100 million for thier current tour) then i could see them hugging and smiling. Until then no way.Both are great and i dont really mind them not working together, as long as they put something out that is good.

Comment

John is working to put Blue Murder back together, that would be awsome. He really wanted to play some heavyer stuff again. Tony Franklin isn't really busy lately dunno about Carmine.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i can't wait to see them!
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
            X