Is Ozzy dropping Zakk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ozzy dropping Zakk?

I just read an interview with Ozzer in Penthouse. (Yeah, that's why I bought it: to read the articles. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) There's a loaded statement in it that Ozzy "needs a new guitarist." Ozzy's reply goes off on how it's like getting married. Two days later thinking "acck, why did I marry YOU!" or something to that effect. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I figure it's most likely just some stupid journalist choad not knowing what he's talking about. Or perhaps trying to stir the s**tpot with a vague inference. Especially since nowhere does it directly quote Ozzy saying anything to that effect. But, then again, I have heard about Zakk having troubles on the road with BLS, and folks trying to get him into rehab.

...Just wondering if folks have heard anything along the lines of Ozzy dropping him? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Is Ozzy dropping Zakk?

Well since ozzy is personaly touring right now, i dont think it matters all that much. He is doing black sabbath this time around and not his own band.

Comment

i think zakk is doing BLS full time? i dunno. Maybe he can get jake e lee back (crosses fingers).
      www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        i think zakk is doing BLS full time? i dunno. Maybe he can get jake e lee back (crosses fingers).

[/ QUOTE ]

From what i have heard he has asked Jake back before, from what i understand they are still good friends, But for some reason Jake just did not want to do it. I think this was when Zakk wasnt in and they had the strat playing dude Mr Joe Holmes, who was also a good player, i was very impressed by him and thought his tone kicked ass!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance in hell. That bridge was burned LONG ago. Zakk could use a little spin dry though. And a shower and shave... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            they had the strat playing dude Mr Joe Holmes, who was also a good player, i was very impressed by him and thought his tone kicked ass!

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, I saw Joe with Ozzy in the late '90s on Ozzfest. He was a student of Randy Rhoads at one time and was also in Lizzy Borden for a little bit. He also had a few Charvel Strats, BTW. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

joe holmes did a randy tribute during his solo when i saw them - it was AWESOME. that guy was great - i thought it was a shame he disappeared.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                they had the strat playing dude Mr Joe Holmes, who was also a good player, i was very impressed by him and thought his tone kicked ass!

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, I saw Joe with Ozzy in the late '90s on Ozzfest. He was a student of Randy Rhoads at one time and was also in Lizzy Borden for a little bit. He also had a few Charvel Strats, BTW. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also saw Joe Holmes play with DLR during his "A Little Ain't Enough" tour, replacing Jason Becker, who had been diagnosed with ALS. Dude has chops!

Comment

I hears Joe holmes got "saved" and started going to church a few years back...
                  "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

Joe left Ozzy due to "religous differences",and I really doubt that Jake will work with Ozzy again..recently rad an interview that Ozzt said "Jake was there 3 days and was trying to run the show"...But...Could you imagine being there when Ozzy turned and looked at George Lynch after Jake's audition and said"You can go now,the job is his"?
                    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

wait george lynch auditioned for ozzy?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        And then was sent home for Jake? Wow George must of been having a really bad hair day!
                        Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm pretty sure Lynch played with Ozzy for at least one show. Lynch mentioned it in an old interview. I can't remember exactly why he stopped, but I think cos he wasn't into it and he was trying to get his own band (Dokken) up and running.
                          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

nope, he was fired.Ozzy didnt like the fact that he had cut of all his hair, among other things.He toured with ozzy for a fewe weeks but didnt play live, he watched Brad Gillis from the side.Ozzy returned to L.A., reaudtioned Mitch Perry and a very Late Jake e lee.After jake did his audition, ozzy offered him the gig.According to jake, george showed up to rehearse and Ozzy Told him that He was fired and said Jake was his guitarist.Jake said he saw Ozzy fire several guys through the years and it was never pleasant.

Comment

Damn, Ozzy fired George Lynch. Jesus Christ.

That is all I am going to say.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                              X