Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Ozzy dropping Zakk?

I concur wholeheartedly, John.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I remember learning stuff from both Randy and Jake to be quite a challenge back in the days.. and Zakk's lead is IMO just not up in the same league

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        As to black sabbath, they were at there best with ozzy ....

[/ QUOTE ]

The first 3 albums with Ozzy were classics all the way through, and the next three had their moments, but everything that came later was better than the last couple of albums with Ozzy. If anything I think Iommi's best work (and the best Sabbath songwriting) started after Ozzy left.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Personally, I love Ozzy and his first three albums. I couldn't care less about the material Jake or Zakk helped create. I'd like to see him get someone else...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Personally, I love Ozzy and his first three albums. I couldn't care less about the material Jake or Zakk helped create. I'd like to see him get someone else...

[/ QUOTE ]

which first 3 albums you talking about? Two were with randy and one was all sabbath tunes live, that would be officially the first three, but taking out the black sabbath cover album you have blizzard of ozz, diary of a madman and bark at the moon, and bark at the moon was all jake.

Comment

I think he means the first three Sabbath albums.

Comment

Ok,here's a thought....I'm sure we've all heard Sabbath's live version of Paranoid with RJD....Could you imagine Ozzy doing Heaven And Hell or any of the stuff from the Ian Gillan album?

Could be interesting.....
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I don´t think i wanna hear ozzy sing heaven and hell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  It would ruin a great song.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Could you imagine Ozzy doing Heaven And Hell or any of the stuff from the Ian Gillan album?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine Ozzy singing anything that required him to stay in key.

Comment

• Re: Is Ozzy dropping Zakk?

I agree.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Randy Rhoads made me start playing guitar and George lynch kept the fire burning...they were my all time favorites in the 80's (I dug Jake, Mathias Jabs, and Ronnie Le Tekro as well). I think back in those days George would have fit the bill as Ozzy's guitarist better than he would now, as his phrasing seems a bit more out there than it used to be (I thought he butchered Mr. Crowley...I didn't dig that solo at all).

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one around here who worshipped at the Mathias Jabs altar!

Comment

Hey hey. Wow what a great topic. Just about all my favorite guitar players are in it.HAHHAA. I heard George got the gig, but turned it down because Dokken had got signed? That's just what I heard. You know the thing about George that I really loved is the fact he is one of the very few guitar players EVER who really progressed-and still is. Listed to Breaking the chains, then Kiss of deth, then Tierra Del Fuego (spelling?) etc. He really has come further every record. Now, where the hell is Jake? I think he is one of the best ever and he just dropped out for the longest time. The solo on journey to the center of eternity is unreal. Anyway...now I'm rambling.
                          LATER!!!
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Jake just put out a cd two months ago called "retraced".Grab it if you dig the Badlands material.

The fast riff at the begining of the "Centre" Solo, was re-used in the "Dreams in the dark" solo from the 1st badlands cd.Jake admited that he loved the riff and wanted to use it again.

Comment

If in fact its true.
                              Ozzy will have no problems finding another top notch guitarist/songwriter.
                              There are plenty of guitarist wailing away in their apartments, living rooms, dorms, and even in tribute bands that are as good as Zach waiting for an opportunity.
                              Good guitarists are a dime a dozen, theres definitely not a shortage, they are plenty out there waiting.

Actually, its a friggin nightmare sitting through, listening to countless of demos to get it down to a select handful of canidates. I wouldn't want to be Ozzy. Ozzy may not be up for it, its very time consuming and putting up with lots of silly petty crap while sifting through the canidates.
                              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

A thought has just occurred.
                                Zakk has got this infantile hairy-arsed biker schtick going on, but I've yet to see a picture of him actually riding a motorcycle! Anyone able to provide one? Then maybe I might start disliking him slightly less....

Comment

Working...
                                X