Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kreator, dew-scented, sodom, crematory last night

hi all

here's a little review for all you thrash heads [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

first band was dew-scented. for those who don't know them, check them out! great thrash/death metal from germany. they obviously played a lot of stuff from their new album issue VI (which i don't like as much as the predecessor), but luckily they also played my personal faves from the last album impact.....acts of rage, soul poison, and new found pain. they had only 30 minutes....

next came crematory....uuh...not my cup of tea, indeed. keyboard crap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i didn't watch them except for one or two songs...spent the time drinking with some friends [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

next came sodom. nice stage show, angelripper looks OLD, but the sound was soooo horrible that you could NOT tell what they are playing. could have been a killer show if it wasnt for the sound issue (VI ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

last band.....kreator. in one word: awesome [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    they played about all the classics, as well as 4 songs from the newest record. their sound was very well balanced and clear enough to actually hear the two guitar parts in songs like the patriach.
    i'll try the best to remember all the songs
    enemy of god, impossible brutality, pleasure to kill, betrayer, extreme agression, suicide terrorist, the patriarch, violent revolution, flag of hate, tormentor, people of the lie? (not sure), voices of the dead, phobia, terrible certainty, riot of violence

killer show, and well worth the 30 euro.

ah, gear wise dew scented used engl powerball and some type of peavey heads (didn't look like a 5150. the peavey logo was glowing read. maybe an ultra or something like that?). their new guitar player played a killer looking jackson warrior all night, the other dude played some type of ibanez guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    kreator had their amps behind the cabs, so you couldn't see them. sami did use some type of engl, though. likely a powerball or a savage, played through engl cabs. mille used two marshall AV cabs, but i have NO idea about his amp. maybe an 5150? could very well be one, judging from the sound. for guitars, mille used his jackson king V all night, and sami used his jackson dinky

ah yeah, and sodom used engl savage heads....and sounded like crap, like i said above [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: kreator, dew-scented, sodom, crematory last night

Mille used two 5150's when they played in Seattle, so I would assume he's using the same rig. Did they have the big stage setup going with the covered full stacks and all the rotating lights going and the gigantic enemy of god banner?

Comment

Re: kreator, dew-scented, sodom, crematory last ni

You are so lucky!

I saw Kreator and don't care for Crematory, but this bill is AMAZING!

Comment

yeah, as i said, i don't care for crematory either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

the stage was quite large. as i said, mille had two 1960 cabs, one left of the drumriser, one right. sami had a single 412 engl on his side, and the bass player (i couldn't remember his name if my life depended on it) had a 810 cab. the stacks weren't covered. however, both guitarists had their cabs on top of a rack case.
        the backdrop however was HUGE. the lightshow was also very impressive, but that's true for every other major band that's played there.

Comment

Mille has recently been using an Engl Fireball...Not sure if he's used it on every gig yet (as Rob mentioned he used 5150's in Seattle)

Was he playing his Moser V's? or was he still using his Jackson RR's?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Nope. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

There is a screw-up on Mille's side on that deal he still uses KVs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Mille has recently been using an Engl Fireball...Not sure if he's used it on every gig yet (as Rob mentioned he used 5150's in Seattle)

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke with him briefly prior to us loading our stuff on stage and he said that he was using the 5150's for their USA tour; during their live performance he was still using his RR and his KV (which I liked better). Pretty much any song that he did a solo in he was using his KV. Bass player had a killer Rhoads bass that he was using the whole night too. Sami had the ENGL midi controller, as well as 4 other pedals setup around his side of the stage. Mille was the only one to use a wireless system, but then again, he was really the only one to move around the stage a lot, everyone else kind of stuck in their area. For as huge of a thrash band that they are, they were really down to earth.

Comment

When I saw Kreator live they had the whole covered fullstack/big banner thing going on, so I have no clue about their amps.
                I just know that the sound kicked ass, they played their Jacksons the whole night (RR/KV and Dinky), and that they kicked huge amounts of ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Working...
                X