Ozzfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzfest

So has anyone been to any of the Ozzfest shows yet? Anything to report?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Ozzfest

Not yet.... I am planning on going to the Dallas show in late August but am still a little pissed because Iron Maiden won't be there. That was the main reason of getting the tickets. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] And to add to that, Dallas in August on that big flat piece of concrete called the Smirnoff, should be hotter than hell. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

im not a huge fan of this years lineup.

Comment

I want to see Maiden really bad, but the rest of the lineup is average. I must be getting old because I just don't feel like listening to the angry thrash guys sing like Cookie Monster all day long...

Comment

You're not missing much by missing Maiden.

They sucked heaps when I saw them in june.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I want to see Maiden really bad, but the rest of the lineup is average. I must be getting old because I just don't feel like listening to the angry thrash guys sing like Cookie Monster all day long...

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!
            Good deals with:
            Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

pussies.

this years line up is by far the best it has ever been.

last year was overrun by shitty metalcore...this year they actually got the bands those fags are impersonating wtih their shitty emo'd out "woe is me" in flamed and ATG rip offs.

this year is THE HAUNTED, ARCH ENEMY, IN FLAMES, MASTODON! ETC.

its gonna be awesome. I'll be at the Auburn, WA show on Aug. 11th.

Comment

Maiden RULED when i saw them 8 days ago.
                Oh and sabbath 2 weeks ago didn´t suck either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

be there soon when they hit florida

Comment

I'll be there in 2 days, at the Darien Lake show. Can't wait!!
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I saw Arch Enemy last night on an off day show, totally ripping, and Gus G. nailed all of Chris Amott's parts.

Comment

That's very cool to hear that Gus nailed it, but we all knew he would [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I wanna check him out with AE when they do another tour. I love the lineup this year, but I hate outdoor type festivals. I've seen all of these bands (and had drinks with a lot of em) in smaller clubs, so I don't think I'll be missing anything by not going. But ya'll keep posting and give reviews. Did Arch Enemy play a lot of new stuff?

Comment

I will be there Sunday July 24th in va, i am gonna bring some cookies for all the cookie monster singers (LOL)

Comment

Hear ye, Hear ye, and gather round while I tell you the tale of Ozzfest!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Ok, enough bullshit, how was it? It was pretty damn good overall! I saw it at Hartford, CT. 2nd stage highlights included The Haunted (the one song we made it to!), and Killswitch. We missed Arch Enemy, but got to see the singer while she was signing stuff (hot!).

Word to the wise, the set times for the bands that is posted on the website as well the ones they distribute at the show are WAY OFF! They move up set times out the ying yang. The haunted was supposed to begin at 12:40pm, which is when we got there, which was enough time to hear their last song. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The same thing happened last year with Lamb of God, where we only got to hear the end of the set even though we were on time.

Main stage bands all kicked except Mudvayne, which aren’t really my cup o tea, they had too many slow parts.
                            In Flames was cool, but way short.

BLS kicked ass. Zakk had a new V. Looks like a reverse version of the polka dots: White guitar with black polka dots, also with a Floyd which he used like hell. He also used the Pumpkin one. While E.T. oped with a Dimbag Confederate flag model.

Shadows Fall was played great, man they got some chops!
                            Then was Mudvayne which was soso for me.

Maiden kicked ass, beginning with the 2nd song. They opened with Wrathchild, and something was wrong with the PA cos you only heard the drums and bass, with the guitars only coming from the amps. We were sitting right behind the soundboard and it did not sound good at all, so much so the crowd began booing at the end of the song. Then they went into the Trooper, and the PA finally kicked on the crowd roared super loud then, which kinda gave me a tingle up my spine.
                            Get this, they did NOT play any song later than Piece of Mind! Granted is was a shorter set than there used to playing, but it was really weird not hearing anything from Powerslave, Somewhere, or Seventh son.

Sabbath…ruled! Ozzy sounded pretty good, and the tremors seem not to have gotten any worse from last year. Iommi was awesome, he played this extended solo at the end of Dirty Women, then went to a half-time thing for another solo, then back for a 3rd! Other songs I never heard them play live were Electric Funeral, The Wizard, and After Forever. They played a real short part of Symptom of the Universe, with some other Sabbath riffs mixed in too. Overall, a good day, but man a long tired one, I would never be able to be there when it opened at 9 am!!
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

After that review, maybe I will go after all. Thanks for the report. I agree about Shadows Fall, they are wicked good players.

Comment

Working...
                              X