Ozzfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ozzfest

the online set times are never right, make sure you get there early....

Comment

I wish I was going but decided against it this year since Maiden won't be here in Texas. Pisses me off...
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Shaun and his friend have tickets for the Houston(Ozzfest) show. They just checked out the Lamb Of God show in Austin on Sunday.
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

what the fuck is iron maiden doing instead of ozzfest again? at teh end that is.

Comment

I'll be there this Saturday in Pittsburgh (Actually, Burgettstown) at the Post Gazette Pavillion (even though we PA residents know it as "the Star lake".)

I've gone every year, just to go. It's a ritual for me. I don't really like the line up, but I like some of the bands. I really don't feel like waking up at 8AM to drive 2+ hours to see Soilwork play 5 songs though...wish it was a longer set.

I'll probably go from Rob Zombie on. I'm not a big RZ music fan, but he's got a hell of a stage show.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I saw Arch Enemy last night on an off day show, totally ripping, and Gus G. nailed all of Chris Amott's parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait...gus g is in arch enemy now?? what the fuck. Why did he leave dream evil in the first place.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'll be there this Saturday in Pittsburgh (Actually, Burgettstown) at the Post Gazette Pavillion (even though we PA residents know it as "the Star lake".)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, the Star Lake, I've had some good times there...like the Clash of the Titans tour and the Sepultura, Pantera, Biohazard tour a few yrs later. Like most large venues, it's mass chaos when leaving from the parking lot, and I remember knocking over one of those large orange road barrels that there were using to guide traffic in the lot with my Bronco. good times...
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Still trying to score some tickets to the Dallas show.
                  My friend went last year and I backed out at the last minute,but I think I'll be going this year.I'll post a review.To be continued.....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    pussies.

this years line up is by far the best it has ever been.

last year was overrun by shitty metalcore...this year they actually got the bands those fags are impersonating wtih their shitty emo'd out "woe is me" in flamed and ATG rip offs.

this year is THE HAUNTED, ARCH ENEMY, IN FLAMES, MASTODON! ETC.

its gonna be awesome. I'll be at the Auburn, WA show on Aug. 11th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool I think I'm going to that show
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

well I'm certainly not knocking G's skills but Chris to me was a huge chunk of AE..

I don't think they are the same without the Amotts bros...they just fit each other so well..

well whatever Chris will doing I assure will kick ass...his Armageddon stuff KILLS!!

I wonder why he left after all these years...maybe butting head in the studio ,

I remember reading thast Chris wanted to sing some parts with Angela but I guess the guys didn't want that...I thought it would bring some much needed dynamics...and he does have a very good voice...especialy on his armageddon stuff...he's a clean singer not harsh at all...gritty but far from death vox..

Angela is OK...but she has no dynamics and only one style...

I bet the last hair on ny sack that chick can't sing clean...I like her voice but there is not much to it and it sounds the same after awhile....but at least they did get the ATTENTION they needed when she joined ...plus Mike is bangin' her...so she's not goin' anywhere...but that's OK I suppose...

I think AE enemy rules...can't waite get to their new one out out this month...cool!

That and the new Nevermore!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was at the Mansfield show and it kicked ass!!
                        Everyone on mainstage was great( I am now a Mudvayne fan).
                        Second stage was good, the highlight was Killswitch.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I've gone every year, just to go. It's a ritual for me. I don't really like the line up, but I like some of the bands. I really don't feel like waking up at 8AM to drive 2+ hours to see Soilwork play 5 songs though...wish it was a longer set.

I'll probably go from Rob Zombie on. I'm not a big RZ music fan, but he's got a hell of a stage show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will also be there in Pittsburgh on saturday. Its a ritual for me too......I go every year.....partially due to the fact that Jagermeister is a sponsor of the tour and of my band......so they hook me up with admission, Jager shots, etc. Always one of the best days of the summer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Still trying to score some tickets to the Dallas show.
                            My friend went last year and I backed out at the last minute,but I think I'll be going this year.I'll post a review.To be continued.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Hunter.... I'll sell you mine for what I paid if you are interested. PM on the way.

Comment

I'm still bummed about AE cancelling graspop because of Chris leaving and Gus joining!

I missed both AE and my fav new guitarist: Gus mofoing G! Because of it!

Can't wait to see AE with Gus G, the guy is a genius! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I worked the first Ozzfest show @ Tweeter. They pulled in on Tue., and hung out for 4 days rehearsing the entire show. I saw everybody, everywhere, doing just about everything the entire week. Black Sabbath set up four mini campers 20 ft. from my office door and hung out until Sat. morning. Talked to all but Ozzy, Zakk too. He had his wife/kids in tow. Funniest moment...when I tried to pet Sharon's dog Minnie, and the little bitch snapped at me. Got to talk to Will Smith for a few. He and his wife were sitting outside their monster tour bus for hours surrounded by 5 bodyguards the entire time. Jada opened second stage and caught a few boos. Show day for me started at 6AM, and ended at 12:30AM. Talk about a looong-ass day. All in all, Sabbath was smokin', best I've seen Ozzy, Maiden ripped, BLS was good, and all the others I could care less about. Lots of mis-directed youths dressed in black {what else}, despite the searing heat. A few broke through the fence, lots of EMT calls, a fight or two, and the infamous titty painting booth. Better than last year IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X