Ozzfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ozzfest

I'll be posting some pics of yesterdays show, including some of the results of the titty painting booth.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Funniest moment...when I tried to pet Sharon's dog Minnie, and the little bitch snapped at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharon or her dog? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Funniest moment...when I tried to pet Sharon's dog Minnie, and the little bitch snapped at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharon or her dog? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] It was their dog Minnie. They had a dog nanny walking three of the dogs around. I never saw Sharon once all week.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I want to see Maiden really bad, but the rest of the lineup is average. I must be getting old because I just don't feel like listening to the angry thrash guys sing like Cookie Monster all day long...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree!!
          I went last year to see Priest and Black Sabbath. The rest was less than amusing. F words flying like winter bird migration, cookie monster vocals were the order of the day and painted-saggy tit redneck women all over.
          I guess I am getting old.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I went yesterday. Long story short, I had no ride, and am only in pittsburgh temporarily, so walking down the street with my Maiden shirt on at around 4 oclock I see some random dudes walking in front of me and faintly hear one say "... ozzzfest..." I offer my extra ticket for a ride (turns out hes a friend of a friend, so not AS sketchy as it sounds), and lo and behold about an hour and a half later I'm at the show. I settle in my seats for the last half of Mudvayne's awful assault on my ears. I was pissed at missing BLS, but had just seen them on the Mafia tour, so not too disappointed. Then Maiden takes the stage. It was cool hearing Bruce sing some of the Dianno stuff, and Revelations. I love that song, but had heard that they rarely, if ever play it. And they only played the early stuff on purpose, theyre doing ozzfest to support the Early Years DVD. I was hoping they would can some of the obvious stuff in favor of some rarer stuff, as much as I love The Trooper, Hallowed, etc. Solos seemed a little short as they were trying to stuff songs in for the short set, but then they do a stupid, leave the stage, wait 5 min come back for one or two song encore. What the fuck? Anyway, they were great, although as much as having seats is good for the view, its way too loud to hear the dynamics of stuff, as they have to blast it loud enough for the most drunken idiot sitting facing the wrong way in the back of the lawn. It seems like I will never see a full Maiden st though, as I was at Hammerstein last year when someone threw their beer on the soundboard and shorted it out, ending the concert 4 or 5 songs early.
            Sabbath was great, too. Ozzy sounded way better than when I saw them last year at PNC. The solo for Dirty Women was insane, like someone above me posted. Their set seemed shorter, too, compared with last year. I don't see why, when youre out in the middle of nowhere with ostensibly no noise ordinances why they cant play all night, but I'm sure its probably a union hours thing.
            My verdict: kick-ass, even considering the short sets and my double ticket price.

Comment

On a BLS site, there's a pic of that inverse white/black V that Zakk opened the show with:
              http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/

pretty cool!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

At the Darien Lake show, he played both polkadot V's, and the orange buzzsaw LP, and that was it. Nick played his confederate flag Dime, and 2 of his sig model Washburn Idols.

Comment

I'll be going to the show at the PNC in NJ tomorrow (Tues). I'll post a report if I was not too messed up all day.

I'm really looking forward to:

Arch enemy - cuz of Gus
                  The Haunted
                  Trivium
                  Soilwork
                  Killswitch Engage
                  BLS - Wearing a BLS shirt to the show
                  Black Sabbath
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I'll be going to the show at the PNC in NJ tomorrow (Tues). I'll post a report if I was not too messed up all day.

I'm really looking forward to:

Arch enemy - cuz of Gus
                    The Haunted
                    Trivium
                    Soilwork
                    Killswitch Engage
                    BLS - Wearing a BLS shirt to the show
                    Black Sabbath

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give a quick rundown here and review later on.

Make sure to get there early, arch enemy was suppose to go on at 9:20 and actually went on at 9:00AM. The whole second stage pretty much sucked with sound, the bass was just too much and really crappy mix's except for the last two bands which was kill switch and zombie.

Main stage i enjoyed in flames, shadows fall sounded really good but i am not a big fan of them. BLS was one big mush, the only clarity you can hear is when he solo's. At our show he also played the two polkadots and the one buzzsaw gibson. Mudvayne pretty much bored me to death! Maiden fucking rocked, only playing songs from the 1st four albums. We left before black sabbath because i dont really care for his tone, plus i was so disappointed with Ozzy's (sharon's) money making machine. Unfortunally this will be my last ozzfest as it is no longer about metal, but about how much money they can make!

If your place says you are allowed to bring food DONT, appearently ozzy's security (Sharon) has not made enough money this year and decided last minute not to allow any food in the place, everyone had to throw it out at the gates, what a waste.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Unfortunally this will be my last ozzfest as it is no longer about metal, but about how much money they can make!

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposedly, this IS the last Ozzfest...that's what I hear anyway

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        Unfortunally this will be my last ozzfest as it is no longer about metal, but about how much money they can make!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, because the only time i would ever pay to see ozzy again is if he got Jake to play for him again, or he resurected Randy and had him play again!

Supposedly, this IS the last Ozzfest...that's what I hear anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Siggy, I can't believe you didn't see Sabbath. They were truly awesome, and honestly sounded better than anyone else. (of course, that's because they are the headliners). They all played awesome, and Ozzy really sounded good.

Comment

They didn't sound better than maiden. I think Maiden blew them out of the water.

Comment

Now, I talked to a friend I ran into at the show, and he says he saw someone playing backing guitar off the side of the stage during Sabbath. Also backing vocals for Ozzy, too. He said, notice how later on in the show, the video never closed in on ozzy and was just animations. As much of a pessimist as I am, I like to believe those guys still play all their own stuff, any truth to this?

Comment

The close ups of Ozzy were there (at least at the Post Gazette show) and from what I could see, Tony looked authentic on his parts. His tone was same as ever (good rhythm, but shrill leads) he did a couple extended solos with MANY close ups on his finger caps.

I heard they brought a back up drummer for Bill incase he died on stage. Then again, I didn't see a back up drummer, and even though Bill looked as though he was "sweatin' it" he still was playing in time, and on time.

As much as any of us knock Ozzy, the show was good (even though Maiden stole the show) and I (imho) do not think there were "backstage" band members playing the parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X