Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ozzfest

[ QUOTE ]
    On a BLS site, there's a pic of that inverse white/black V that Zakk opened the show with:
    http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/

pretty cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is a GMW, I think I was at Lee's shop when he was doing the set up on it. It was sitting on the bench.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      They didn't sound better than maiden. I think Maiden blew them out of the water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you at the Darien Lake show?
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Sabbath sounded amazing last year...fucking amazing! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I heard they brought a back up drummer for Bill incase he died on stage. Then again, I didn't see a back up drummer, and even though Bill looked as though he was "sweatin' it" he still was playing in time, and on time.

[/ QUOTE ] Does Bill Ward have health issues? I watched him moving his own roadcase across the parking lot to the stage {appx. 100 yards}, practicing for hours on drum pads outside in the heat, carrying his own luggage, etc. before the show. I talked to him for at least 15 min., and he seemed full of energy, and was a VERY cool guy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sabbath sounded amazing last year...fucking amazing! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was THE best moment of my life, seeing the original Black Sabbath live and kicking ass...and it was fucking awsome [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

He might be healthy as an ox, but christ does he look old. He is old, fat, and grey, but he sure kept up. He's a much better drummer than I ever gave him credit for. Very impressive at his age.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                He might be healthy as an ox, but christ does he look old. He is old, fat, and grey, but he sure kept up. He's a much better drummer than I ever gave him credit for. Very impressive at his age.

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of health probs, the only one I remotely heard of, was Bill having a possible heart attack/angina during rehearsals for the original reunion tour back in '98 or '99. I heard this from a friend who said he heard it from Ozzy while he was on Howard Stern...remote enough source for ya!

And though he may look older and kinda overweight, he's the same age as the rest of sabbath, and the only one who doesn't dye his hair! He's played aweome every time I saw em! Also, at the HArtford show, it sounded and looked like everyone was playing there own stuff.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I thought the set sounded perfect...everything was just perfect...

it could have been 1975 for that matter...it was great!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

http://www.billward.com/news/archive...tack_up_1.html
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      On a BLS site, there's a pic of that inverse white/black V that Zakk opened the show with:
                      http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/

pretty cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is a GMW, I think I was at Lee's shop when he was doing the set up on it. It was sitting on the bench.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a couple shots I got of it at the Pittsburgh show

IT IS A SWEET GUITAR AND PLAYS INCREDIBLE

Comment

Well, based on the mostly good reviews, I'm going to see this show in WI in a week. I was going to skip it, but I figure this could be my last chance to see Maiden and Sabbath with their original lineups.

It really can't get much better than Maiden and Sabbath on the same day....

Comment

did Zakk play his solo in the crowd again ?

Comment

No Zakk stayed onstage in Pittsburgh

Comment

Working...
                            X