• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang sueing again

I wont comment on my feelings of this.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050726/ap_e...DRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

Re: Mustang sueing again

Oh my god.

The man is THE bassist of Megadeth, for god's sake, surely they can list 'Megadeth' as one of his past bands!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

he's loosing his mind [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but...ehm..."mustang" sueing???? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] I like Dave,but this is going a lil' bit to far !!

Comment

I've always liked Megadeth but I'm really getting tired of Dave's shit. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            "Ellefson shall not use, or authorize anyone else to use, the work or mark 'Megadeth" to advertise, market or promote any person, band, company, organization, product or services without Megadeth's prior express written permission."

[/ QUOTE ]

If Ellefson agreed to these terms, as Mustaine says he did, he had no right to use the band name for anything. Sucky, but reality.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

mustaine is such a cock hole. c'mon, ellefson should be able to mention that he WAS in megadeth at one time...someone needs to give mustaine a dose of reality. maybe metallica should sue dave for stating that he used to be in metallica....actually i am surprised lars hasn't tried that yet.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

That's pretty sad. He has nothing else to do? Only the lawyers make out deals like this.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I hope that Ellefson got paid for agreeing to such a crappy deal as that.

If I were Ellefson, this would inspire me to spill all the dirt. Immediately.

Comment

Why is anyone surprised? Mustaine has always been a whiney prick.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Wow, just wow. At one point, this man was his best friend and partner in crime. Now this? He's as bad as Lars.

Comment

Mustaine is awesome imho.

I don't know what the agreement deals are, however if you enter in a business (a lot of bands get what's called an LLC lisence and are technically business enterprises) with a set agreement of say "I will not use the name Megadeth in advertisements to gain money" then you cannot do that.

However, it could be listed on his musical resume.

Is it going to far? Hell yes, however if he's in the legal bounds to make little Dave's life a living hell, then so be it. I think it's petty, and makes me sad, but I'm not going to let it get me down...especially so close to Gigantour!

Comment

it is getting bad, just wait next time we will hear that when you buy a megadeath tshirt you have to sign a piece of paper that says for everytime you wear the shirt you have to send dave 10 cents..... (LOL)

Comment

LOL Did anybody notice the pic? It says, "Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson, right..."
                            Uh, that's Jimmy DeGrasso on the left and Mustaine on the right. Stupid media! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              LOL Did anybody notice the pic? It says, "Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson, right..."
                              Uh, that's Jimmy DeGrasso on the left and Mustaine on the right. Stupid media! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that picture looked a bit screwed up.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X