Big guys and guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big guys and guitars.

I think there's a large majority of shrimps in the music industry. A lot of guys we think are big, really aren't. I was thinking about how a lot of guitars look funny on me because I'm not a midget. So what guitar players are tall, and what guitars look best on big guys? Ted Nugent looks pretty big, and his PRS seems to suit him. Discuss.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Big guys and guitars.

Alexi Laiho and his Rhoads. On him it looks right, but when i play mine, it's tiny (i'm 6 ft 2) and looks like a toy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A Les Paul on Randy Rhoads looked more fitted than his Rhoads did (the white pinstriped)
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that most famous people are short. At 6'2" I was taller than anyone in Metallica, Anthrax, Y&T, Social Distortion, and most of the Ramones (Joey was towering) which are the only bands I have met while standing. Crosby, Holmes, and James Root are all above 6'3" and you know what they play. Strats are borderline to small, but V's, explorers and firebirds are good. I would love to get a double rhoads but given the cost and wait time it is not really an option. Maybe a bolt on version would cost less and take less time.

Comment

I'm 6'1" 212 and a dinky on me looks like a violin. I still have a Fusion but I mostly play my 650 and a San Dimas clone. They fit my frame better.

Comment

Drum City Guitar Land has a Double RR on their website. I am sure it is mucho $$$$

Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dan Fastuca is pretty big isn't he? And he had the Jackson FASTAR made. Those that saw it in person at NAMM last year(?) testified it was a large guitar.

Comment

Dan Fastuca is a bad ass. He's with Moser now isn't he? I wonder what wierd guitar they'll come up with [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yup, the 80s are back, everyone is worried about how they look. Paul, Im sure it would look alot more fitting if you tried some mascara, and put some silver streaks in your hair. This would take attention away from your guitar, and the streaks would make it look like you are playing faster............

Comment

I'm 6'4, 220, and I've never thought about how a guitar looks on me. Only how it feels. That's why I prefer the Dinky shape to a Strat, although I still enjoying playing the full size guitar too. That's why I own a bunch of Model series axes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw, does this Dinky make my arse look big? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Big Red would make my butt look big.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Agreed on the comfort thing. To me though small guitars are not comfortable while standing. I could never get used to playing my SG and ended up ditching it for a Barreta(sp?).

Comment

robin crosby was a big guy and all his guitars looked good for him

Comment

My zebra Rhoads is one of the smallest Jacksons there is and it was played by Chris Holmes. I never thought it looked odd or anything. Dan Spitz made XTRRs look huge but again it still looked cool.

My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Oscar Dronjak from hammerfall pretty fuckin tall and lanky. Check him up and see how he looks with different guitars. www.hammerfall.net

Comment

any type of explorer body looks pretty good on a big guy.

(i'm big, 6'1 250 lbs)

my rhoads looks pretty weenie on me..but its ev1l. so it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X